First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
...I usually leave the cabin at 60F...

Except when I need to defrost the windshield.

-Crissa
Last trip I went on we played with the new view that lets you see exactly where power went. I think it was dinging us 3 miles or something for running the AC for 100 miles. Unless I’m really pushing my luck I just set it to where I’m comfortable and don’t worry about it. Particularly in the summer time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Most of those vest suck. My wife has 3 of them.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
...I usually leave the cabin at 60F...

Except when I need to defrost the windshield.

-Crissa
In the winter, my climate control is usually between 70 and 73°F. If I'm going on a long trip, I take my winter jacket off and crank that up to maybe 75°F. In an ICE vehicle, you've already paid for the heat, might as well use it. I'm hoping my 500 mile CT will let me do the same thing. As I've discussed many times on this forum already, the "long trip" I take multiple times a year is about 290 miles. I often do it non-stop. With a full tank of gas, I remote start my car in my driveway to warm it up, load the car, take off my jacket and get in, drive 290 miles to my destination. Get out of car, put jacket back on, and unload. I usually have just over 1/4 tank when I reach destination.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I'm not wearing extra clothes I don't already wear. Just thought the seatbelts made good sense to go with heated seats and steering wheel.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
For some reason when quickly skimming I read that part I bolded as "Tesla thong".
Now I feel like Telsa needs to market a thong...I mean the logo is pretty much already a S3XY thong.

I'm sure someone more creative than I can come up with some good renderings.
Does this thong need to be heated? I think I can get AI to render something for you...

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Does Model Y not have them? I ask because I honestly don’t know specifics as to what comes in Teslas right now.

My past few vehicles have had cooled seats in the front and they are great in the summer. My dad bought a 2023 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy this past August and it has cooled seats in the 2nd row as well as the front, which is not all that common afaik unless we’re talking higher priced luxury vehicles. It even has heated 3rd row seats. I am still shocked at what Hyundai included in that vehicle compared to much higher priced offerings from other manufacturers.
Sadly, the Y does not have ventilated seats. :( It should for the price IMO. Far more useful to me than heated seats. I wish the Y had ventilated seats and adjustable dampers or air suspension from the Model S. Just adjustable dampers like what was in my Golf R would be fine, they may be more reliable long term than air suspension. Apparently Tesla did test the air suspension on some model 3's but obviously it never made it to production. Booooooo!!
Sponsored