Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S, Corvette Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No idea. Not really an issue where I work.

So I still carry a Tesla RFID card? Not ideal.
If external keypad isn't an option (I think Ford actually has a patent on that.) then how about some biometrics so I don't have to carry anything.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
As all the doggy lovers here know one can have his pooch "chipped". It's only a matter of time before the government will require this of all of us humans too.

Cmgarcial

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S, Corvette Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So sorry but I just cannot comprehend your concern. I've owned Lincolns and Fords with a key pad, I may have used it 2-3 times.
Do you carry a wallet for cash, credit cards, driver's license? How about a house key or a car key, or a key fob? Do you not have pockets in your pants? Do you wear pants?
Again sorry, but your post is the most silly I've seen in years.
BTW, thanks for the laughter, the devil made me do it! :)

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
So sorry but I just cannot comprehend your concern. I've owned Lincolns and Fords with a key pad, I may have used it 2-3 times.
Do you carry a wallet for cash, credit cards, driver's license? How about a house key or a car key, or a key fob? Do you not have pockets in your pants? Do you wear pants?
Again sorry, but your post is the most silly I've seen in years.
BTW, thanks for the laughter, the devil made me do it! :)
We differ there. I use my keypad daily; usually multiple times per day. No I don't carry a wallet when I run. I try not to carry anything with me when I run. I don't run in pants and not all shorts have pockets; when they do, running in shorts with a wallet bouncing around is no fun. Sure I could just put the key card in the pocket but it could fall out unnoticed. I could also just carry the card, but that's not really appealing either.

Adding another piece of plastic to the wallet is easy and works fine for running errands when I'm using my wallet. But it's not ideal for me under other circumstances on a near daily basis.

I recognize my problems are not yours. I was just looking for options. The RFID ring/band would be the best option for me.

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
Or integrate the RFID into a ring...ie wedding band. I like my lightweight titanium band, but I might consider a swap to RFID enabled cold rolled stainless version!

I probably would take the implant in my hand or arm though if it was an actual option...but then I'd have to worry about MRIs and other crap I don't currently have to worry about.

Yeah...I'll take the RFID ring please.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083F47M3Z/?c
I'm sure the Cybertruck will have a ring just like the Model 3/Y

Jow

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, '94 Bronco
Occupation
Biz Owner
Country flag
Apple watch?

Cybertruck Tampa

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I feel like this question must have already been asked, but either the search is not working or it hasn't been asked.

I saw a FB post asking this same question and I didn't like the answers, so I'm hoping some different ones come up here.

I like Ford's exterior keypad entry system. I don't want to carry a key or anything else to access the vehicle. I can't take my phone into work, so using the phone as the key to access the CT doesn't work either. Ideally, I leave my keys and phone in the vehicle. I do this when I run and when I work.

Can I do this with Tesla or do I have to carry something.
Work in a SCIF do we?

CyberG

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 P85+
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
what about face recognition with the cameras on the car, have it unlock as you approach.
It would be funny to watch someone when it doesn’t work properly, making weird faces in front of their car. “Stop staring at the crazy lady kids”

MouldyCrouton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape
Country flag
Or someone holding up a photo...

...which is why the iPhone uses a lidar-like thing.

-Crissa
That problem has been solved since the mid 90s. You just use an infrared camera. Smartphones are very much space limited which is why different manufacturers come up with different solutions without having to add otherwise unnecessary hardware, a vehicle on the other hand has ,in comparison, unlimited space to add whatever hardware is needed.
Sponsored