Hjfeliciano

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RN112954642
Country flag
Do anyone have any update regarding the LED into the windshield? The last cybertrucks prototype are not showing this bar.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Do anyone have any update regarding the LED into the windshield? The last cybertrucks prototype are not showing this bar.
Some people have pointed out that offroad lights aren't offered as a standard part on other trucks because some states require them to have a physical, opaque covering.

And the prototypes we've seen have had the wires run up the middle of the windscreen to the top instead of branching earlier.

We've also not seen it since the OG.

So... No idea. I hope it makes it. If it doesn't, it's one modification I will seek out - I often camp in the dark and all the elevated lights I can get, the better. It's just better to break camp in desert before dawn.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Hjfeliciano

Hjfeliciano

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RN112954642
Country flag
Thanks! I hope too it been an option!

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I guess if they don't offer aftermarket options directly, they will make it easier for vendors to patch into. There would be many practical reasons to make it easy. Emergency services etc.

vameleon92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB GLK350
Occupation
EE Eng.
Country flag
I do not have seen anybody talking about it, but I noticed a new component in the latest photos. To me it actually looks like a possible placement for a LED bar. What do you think?

Tesla Cybertruck LED Bar in the windshield? 1688469423108

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I do not have seen anybody talking about it, but I noticed a new component in the latest photos. To me it actually looks like a possible placement for a LED bar. What do you think?

1688469423108.png
Suppose anything’s possibly but just seems a trim piece - it’s also where the hood latch resided

Ignore arrow for this purpose but

Tesla Cybertruck LED Bar in the windshield? 15BB3AE3-FEE0-4089-B6C6-C78E057248E2

DrDefore

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Some people have pointed out that offroad lights aren't offered as a standard part on other trucks because some states require them to have a physical, opaque covering.

And the prototypes we've seen have had the wires run up the middle of the windscreen to the top instead of branching earlier.

We've also not seen it since the OG.

So... No idea. I hope it makes it. If it doesn't, it's one modification I will seek out - I often camp in the dark and all the elevated lights I can get, the better. It's just better to break camp in desert before dawn.

-Crissa
You kind of want to hold Elon to his word, that production runs won’t differ in appearance from the prototype. Though we all have out favorite attribute. It’s countdown time🙏🏼

israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag
Isn't that where the optional winch is going to be located? I do worry about aftermarket lights mounted on the inside of the glass, all that tint would prevent them from being really bright and would keep any heat in that is generated by the tint blocking the lights exit

Just another prototype feature that didn't make the release, wonder where that thread is, let's see:

Offroad pinacle lights
Liftgate with embedded ramp
Protected storage in the sails
Seating for six
Binnacle display
Side view cameras not mirrors
No Big Ass Wiper

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Elon was asked about this (I think it was on Twitter but I no longer use Twitter) and he said the upper light bar would be on the Cybertruck.

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
The problem is, if Tesla is not building them into the glass windshield., and it is an add-on accessory sticking up and blocking the wind flow, the wind noise from the turbulence will be atrocious.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Elon was asked about this (I think it was on Twitter but I no longer use Twitter) and he said the upper light bar would be on the Cybertruck.
Right, but he might be talking about the blade headlight/drl on the nose.

-Crissa

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
And that was also years ago. He's clearly changed his mind on a few things that he "confirmed" in the past. It will be whatever it will be at launch and everyone will deal with whatever is remaining on the feature list.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
And that was also years ago. He's clearly changed his mind on a few things that he "confirmed" in the past. It will be whatever it will be at launch and everyone will deal with whatever is remaining on the feature list.
Sorry, it was earlier this year or late last year, not years ago.
Sponsored