Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Or anyone that must occasionally carry wood or other large or long objects that wouldn’t fit in a bed! Thanks for the ideas. Does anyone know whether Tesla is providing mount points at these locations or will it be possible to drill and mount securely there?
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I'm hoping the tent mount points are also the ladder rack mount points. Be nice to quickly remove ladder rack when I dont need it and put it on when I do. Most ladder racks are way over built and heavy. 500lbs carry capacity is more than enough for me.

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
I think he should just cancel his preorder. ??

OP
OP
Saskateam

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I don’t really want to tow a trailer with a canoe on it everywhere the CT can go. With 16” of ground clearance I will have a hard time finding a trailer to match. If I do find a trailer if does not mean I will have room to turn around with a trailer at my destination. The third thing requires FSD to be able to meet me at a destination. Have the CT drop me off at a bridge then pick me up at another bridge would be amazing and a trailer will mess that up.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I don’t really want to tow a trailer with a canoe on it everywhere the CT can go. With 16” of ground clearance I will have a hard time finding a trailer to match. If I do find a trailer if does not mean I will have room to turn around with a trailer at my destination. The third thing requires FSD to be able to meet me at a destination. Have the CT drop me off at a bridge then pick me up at another bridge would be amazing and a trailer will mess that up.
This is the best use case for FSD ever imagined. Now I'm so happy.

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
There is a button to control the vault door right where that left/rear post is, but I think we can get around it. I think maybe there's one of those buttons on the passenger side too.
The exact height of anything sticking out the back is a pivotal point. I'd prefer those boards to be at least 76 inches off the ground.
To carry a 40 foot ladder, your rack should be at least 10 feet long. That one looks about 9.

If you drill holes and use bolts to hold down your rack, the vault door will be affected. I really think that for a home-made style rack, you will simply weld directly to the body. The glass roof then becomes a problem..
I can't help but think that many, many changes will be made before the prototype goes to production.

This short video you probably have not seen before. It shows a close up view of the area in question, You can really get a feel of just how thick 3mm stainless is. Several times thicker than other vehicles.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
IF the CT comes with holes in the bed to mount racks in and if has a receiver hitch there are extension risers that will allow you to carry long loads such as flat bottomed boats/canoes/kayaks/ladders/lumber that would normally be too long for the roof rack alone. Being a welder/fabricator I'm already thinking of ways to use the truck for hauling things that would normally go on a trailer or the flatbed on the Dodge 3500 dually. Necessity is the mother of invention. I'm also hoping for built in tie down points that are very strong and won't bend the sheet metal or break loose if you really crank down a ratchet strap. My buddy does a lot of stainless steel fabrication (they build industrial food service plants) and could prob whip up some pretty nice stainless steel racks and hitch extensions.
Sponsored

Last edited: