CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I think the suspension has more than 4" of range. If you look at the Cyberquad unveil during the Cybertruck event, the truck lowers the back and raises the front for easy loading. The different between the front and the back seems to be greater than 4"
Sponsored

IceCold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I think the suspension has more than 4" of range. If you look at the Cyberquad unveil during the Cybertruck event, the truck lowers the back and raises the front for easy loading. The different between the front and the back seems to be greater than 4"
It could be more than 4”, I would expect at lest 4 inches or total range if not more.

At highway speeds the front of my truck lowers a bit automatically to be more aerodynamic, which the Cybertruck will probably do also.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I'm hoping for a good range of movement for the suspension. I used to drive big tanker trucks, much like a semi, when I was fueling planes years ago. I like sitting high up while driving and visibility shouldn't be a problem with Tesla's cameras. I would set it low for highways but for everywhere else, I would like it higher up.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I'm hoping for a good range of movement for the suspension. I used to drive big tanker trucks, much like a semi, when I was fueling planes years ago. I like sitting high up while driving and visibility shouldn't be a problem with Tesla's cameras. I would set it low for highways but for everywhere else, I would like it higher up.
So, you drove tanker trucks in Canada? WHOA, that's gotta be butt puckering!

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
So, you drove tanker trucks in Canada? WHOA, that's gotta be butt puckering!
Well we only drove them on airport property. The one that I commonly drove was our 60,000L tank, it was also much wider than the others. Wasn't as much traffic and people were smart to avoid us, but mistakes did happen. One guy turned too early and took out a security checkpoint, one guy rolled a tanker and spilled 18000L, and one guy hit a Dash-8 aircraft full of passengers in the front so hard that it bounced and the back of the aircraft hit the tanker...I was unfortuantely the safety officer that night so I had a lot of explaining to do to pilots, airport management, police, my managers, and the VP of our company.

I like sitting high in trucks but you do lose visibility especially on your right side near the door. I would never be able to spot someone there whether that's in a tanker, or my personal truck since I have it lifted pretty high. That will be a huge benefit to the camers on the Cybertruck, blind spots should be reduced quite a bit and i'll be a lot more confident with those right turns.

j4ypal

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 and CT reservation
Country flag
Elon said the following on december 7th: "Min height is below 75 inches when air suspension set to low. Will post exact number soon."

My guess: we can probably get at least 2 inches lower than the normal height which is 75 inches. 2 inches is what Ram's air suspension allows you to get for "entry/exit" height. I'm thinking Tesla's system is probably going to be at least as good.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1203449814563708929?s=20
Sponsored