illadave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
CT owners: how’s the fit in your garage?

I’m waiting for a March/April delivery (though I think their ETA is a bit optimistic) and did measurements of my garage to make sure it can fit.

The Cybertruck website shows it as 223.7” in length, so roughly shy of 19ft (or 18.6ft if we want to be precise). My garage is about 234” (19.5ft) but I’m a bit worried of clearance at the head and tail.

Has anyone had issues parking their CT in the garage? What are your current garage measurements?
Sponsored

Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
My garage is 19.5' and I'm l already looking at a couple things, since I'm only going to be working with a few inches on the front and back ... The first switch, figured I'd wire in to the garage door sensors.... so if there's something (like say a Cybertruck) in the way (too far back so the garage door would close on it) that the switch would not let the door close since the sensors would not be active if the switch blocked the power to a sensor. The "parking curb" would work for a precise STOP, and work better than the "Tennis Ball".

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K17L95...P5WQN696&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RCCTVC...0P5WQN696&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H79DWR...P5WQN696&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Last edited:

fmrTeslaLeader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model S, Model Y, Corvette, FJ Cruiser
Occupation
EV Industry
Country flag
definitely does not fit in my garage. its slightly too long. I had a 2022 Model S in there, and currently still have my Model Y in there. I leave the CT outside.

Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
definitely does not fit in my garage. its slightly too long. I had a 2022 Model S in there, and currently still have my Model Y in there. I leave the CT outside.
How long is your garage? Or is it just because the other two cars are in there? Would it fit in without the other two cars in there? Can you put it in to charge?

I'm wanting to know if anybody else fits it in a 19.5' garage too

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

mfg310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi eTron, Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
Mine does not fit in the garage, and I have a covered carport as well, but it will be difficult to get in and out of the driveway because of a telephone pole and wall I have on one side of the driveway.

Haven’t really figured out what I’m gonna do since I can’t sell it to somebody else. :LOL:

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra, which is about 6” longer than CT, parked in its spot right now. It’s pretty tight but still allows us to walk behind it to the other side of the garage without too much trouble. We completely emptied the garage, finished it and epoxied the floor getting ready. I knew it would be a tight fit so we bought storage that mounts to the wall and ceiling to clear floor space.

The biggest factor for me was the width of the opening which is 15’ 9”. The depth is 21’ 10”. I’d like to back it in with the mirrors open so clearing the opening is important. With my wife’s MY on the other side pulled in forward facing, our driver’s doors open to the extra space into the true width of the garage. We should have about a foot between the two in the center.

Last edited:

zachsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
My garage is 226” long. I think I’m crazy for even considering this purchase but with the front facing camera maybe it’s feasible?? I’d have to test to make sure but the turo rates are outrageous. I could extend the garage back but that’s not cheap either.

KMB7HOME

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
GreggerTruck posted a little bit ago his squeeeeezed in. @greggertruck
Why are so many people hell bent on having a truck fit in a garage? It is because of this that the truck was down sized to 5 passengers from 6! It should have stayed the same as the original presented in 2019. Now it looks to be more of the size of a Chevy Colorado, Toyota Tacoma but a bit bigger than a Ford Ranger. It does look smaller than all the other full size trucks on the market. Ever think that maybe builders are just making garages smaller these days to save money? Parking lot spaces are smaller to fit more compact cars even though the average car size has been getting bigger over the last 15 years. Smaller Cyber Truck is upsetting as I have 2 reservations and hope it meets my needs.
Sponsored