Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Updated 9/25:

Tesla Cybertruck 'Master Candidate' Cybertrucks reportedly spotted at Giga Texas [updated w/ photos] F64Omw5X0AA-0RE

Tesla Cybertruck 'Master Candidate' Cybertrucks reportedly spotted at Giga Texas [updated w/ photos] F64Omw0XUAEY0_c

Original post 9/23:

This was posted by Joe Tegtmeyer on Patreon (and maybe X?) yesterday. I see some visual differences in this Cybertruck instance but the truck is far away and they may be a visual illusion. Potentially good news if there is any truth to the rumor.

Rumor ... this Cybertruck may be a "Master Candidate"

Tesla Cybertruck 'Master Candidate' Cybertrucks reportedly spotted at Giga Texas [updated w/ photos] 1

FYSA ... some information I've been given by a knowledgeable source this afternoon.
"It is very possible that (the Cybertruck I was able to capture supercharging today) is one of the first master candidates built. They finished two in the last couple of days, Iā€™ve not heard of any leaving the factory quite yet."​
Sponsored

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
This was posted by Joe Tegtmeyer on Patreon (and maybe X?) yesterday. I see some visual differences in this Cybertruck instance but the truck is far away and they may be a visual illusion. Potentially good news if there is any truth to the rumor.

Rumor ... this Cybertruck may be a "Master Candidate"
1.jpg

FYSA ... some information I've been given by a knowledgeable source this afternoon.
"It is very possible that (the Cybertruck I was able to capture supercharging today) is one of the first master candidates built. They finished two in the last couple of days, Iā€™ve not heard of any leaving the factory quite yet."​
Possibly too early or it's too far away to 'Debate' this.
Are we there yet(?)

israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag
I like the black hood, same as I have on my Sprinter it will be replacing

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
just a reflection of the awning itā€™s under
What the heck is a "master candidate"? A pretentious title for someone who hasn't completed their MBA thesis? A brand-new pickup truck that's still learning to master all the pickup-things it is capable of doing??

Minor point - the angle of that shot is so shallow that we may be seeing the truck's dark interior reflected in the hood.

Will we be able to see on-coming headlights or the Sun on the horizon reflected in the hood? I hope we won't be able to see the hood at all.

israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag
"master candidate", like when a new OS is up for release (just updated to iOS 17)

sarcasm? just a reflection of the awning itā€™s under
Oh, thought it was another wrap, it may be the wrap I do when I get one as my Sprinter is silver with the black hood so the neighbors may not notice the change when I swap them out.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
"master candidate", like when a new OS is up for release (just updated to iOS 17)
ā€œmaster candidateā€ build isnā€™t in the roadmap nomenclature

ā€œmanufacturing confirmationā€ build is - these would be the first units completed entirely on the high volume line (and so the first ones not materially completed by hand on the low volume line). *Many* of these would be built, and among them (once dialed in) would be units for insider delivery.

Assume Joe and his ā€˜sourceā€™ have seen ā€˜MCā€™ discussed here, and a game of telephone has occurred over into Patreon

That said, thereā€™s no connection to the unit photographed, other than a chance to discuss the intel that the first MC may have been completed, and if so itā€™s theoretically possible that any CT seen at GFTX is it.

Note how this is contrary to Joeā€™s recent assertions that the CT line has been ā€œshut down.ā€

Thatā€™s because the CT line almost certainly isnā€™t ā€˜shut downā€™ so much as in a phase of continuing progress that is merely associated with fewer units being completed (eg the transition from RCs to MCs) and seen in the outbound lot.
Sponsored