Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
OOopsss... not really envious after all.

Turns out these trucks are almost certainly the ones which were used for the recent press event in Colorado and likely none ended up in customer hands.

So aside from that one dude who was in the special promo video I don't think anyone has a Rivian yet.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, there were trucks leaving the factory when the reporters were playing with the trucks in Colorado that you found the pictures of ^-^

-Crissa

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Mentioned this previously, but I feel like in the current market any company making a good EV at a reasonable price is going to sell every single one they can manufacture.

The Rivian is expensive, but it is a fantastic truck. They are likely piling on new reservations right now. They might struggle with profitability or scaling, but I don't think they will struggle with demand for some time.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Rivian is following Shelby’s playbook and repainting the cobra to give the impression there is a fleet made.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Rivian is following Shelby’s playbook and repainting the cobra to give the impression there is a fleet made.
Seems like they have 10-20 and they taking them all over the place. Lots of different colors. Tesla is going to do the same thing, they'll have a stainless one in one places and... hmm.

Maybe there is a downside to making a bunch of cars that look like stamped out clones! They will have to make up for it by having a bunch in the same place looking like a big silver army.
Sponsored