Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Great to see them in the stores. But why bother? The one that doesn't have a reservation and will buy one now, will get in roughly 5 to 8 years if half of the reservations will go through.
There's a very good reason to do this.

It's called marketing. You put some spectacular vehicle that people are wanting to go see in the showroom to get customers in the door. In the meantime, Tesla salespeople are there interacting with potential customers, and they tell them it's a beautiful truck, but it's not going to be available to you for many years. In the meantime, take a look at the inventory we do have, and would you like to take one for a test drive?

That, and they get the people's information.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag

It's called marketing. You put some spectacular vehicle that people are wanting to go see in the showroom to get customers in the door. In the meantime, Tesla salespeople are there interacting with potential customers, and they tell them it's a beautiful truck, but it's not going to be available to you for many years. In the meantime, take a look at the inventory we do have, and would you like to take one for a test drive?

yeah, it’s the basic hype machinery, here also inserted during the standard Q4 sales slump, which has been a bit of a non-standard slump of late

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag

There's also the aspect of allowing those with pre-orders/strong interest the chance to actually see the cars and soon, take test drives. A lot of customers, no matter how interested, are going to want to see it in person and probably drive it before putting down real money.

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
Great to see them in the stores. But why bother? The one that doesn't have a reservation and will buy one now, will get in roughly 5 to 8 years if half of the reservations will go through.
Have you heard of the phrase from philosopher Missy Elliot, where you ask yourself if it's worth it?

Then you put your thang down, flip it and reverse it.

Come on.

You gotta work it.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Tbh I think when most people who has a reservation and never owned a mid sized truck b4, will be probably shocked on the side of the truck. Its 3 ft longer than my model y...parking will be a bitch in city streets.

Bill837

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Z4, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2008 R1200RT
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag
Tbh I think when most people who has a reservation and never owned a mid sized truck b4, will be probably shocked on the side of the truck. Its 3 ft longer than my model y...parking will be a bitch in city streets.
Yeah, couldn't see living in the city with something this big. My excursions into DC are pretty much medical stuff or attending the Auto Show.

Down here an hour south of DC< lots of room though.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Miami Tesla store now has a Cybertruck & Tesla Bot (Location: 4039 NE 1st Ave, Miami) 1700695598379

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
They're only off limits until the 30th, then you'll be able to touch... and drive. They're having a reveal event and saving details for hype.