cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
One thing I'm really looking forward to on the CT is the extreme ease I anticipate on cleaning off the truck after a muddy weekend of driving. Where I drive, the muddy dirt roads (that's an oxymoron) dry the mud to almost concrete hardness on the truck. You have to chip it off the wheel wells, running boards, the inside of the back bumper, etc., and that is just before actually washing. This is the worst on the underside and all the nooks and crannies you get with exposed drivetrain, etc of my 3/4 ton truck. I have spent so many hours getting that crap off the truck when I finally get around to washing it. The CT with it's extremely smooth exterior and especially the smooth underside should have very little nooks and crannies to get mud caked on stuck. This is ideal for me and the utility of being an easy wash is extremely appealing. Also, for when you really want to pretty up the truck, it will be so easy to keep the water spots off it...just a squeegee and a simple towel. With a truck with all the complex rounded surfaces and grill, side mirrors, etc, it takes a ton of towels to keep the water spots off the truck. Here you can see the running boards caked on with mud that will not just spray off. It's like quickcrete. It's worse under the truck with all those skid plates, exhaust system, and other exposed pieces that love to catch mud. The CT looks to just have the wheel well area exposed and no need for running boards because of the adjusting height.
Tesla Cybertruck Mud removal advantage 01c86fd3ce05556403bb12af184a410689d069d651
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
You may want to try Nyalic on the undercarriage and wheel wheels. I sprayed it in my Tacoma wheel wells and dirt and mud hose right off. You need to follow the cleaning instructions to the tee before applying. It was originally developed for NASA but they soon realized it had other uses like salt mine machinery, agriculture equipment, etc.

Tesla Cybertruck Mud removal advantage D87BAA0A-3D5A-434D-A539-D1975CDA1925

Tesla Cybertruck Mud removal advantage 2C1F5335-F64E-43CB-AD11-3BF42E582112

Last edited:

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
One thing I'm really looking forward to on the CT is the extreme ease I anticipate on cleaning off the truck after a muddy weekend of driving. Where I drive, the muddy dirt roads (that's an oxymoron) dry the mud to almost concrete hardness on the truck. You have to chip it off the wheel wells, running boards, the inside of the back bumper, etc., and that is just before actually washing. This is the worst on the underside and all the nooks and crannies you get with exposed drivetrain, etc of my 3/4 ton truck. I have spent so many hours getting that crap off the truck when I finally get around to washing it. The CT with it's extremely smooth exterior and especially the smooth underside should have very little nooks and crannies to get mud caked on stuck. This is ideal for me and the utility of being an easy wash is extremely appealing. Also, for when you really want to pretty up the truck, it will be so easy to keep the water spots off it...just a squeegee and a simple towel. With a truck with all the complex rounded surfaces and grill, side mirrors, etc, it takes a ton of towels to keep the water spots off the truck. Here you can see the running boards caked on with mud that will not just spray off. It's like quickcrete. It's worse under the truck with all those skid plates, exhaust system, and other exposed pieces that love to catch mud. The CT looks to just have the wheel well area exposed and no need for running boards because of the adjusting height.
01c86fd3ce05556403bb12af184a410689d069d651.jpg
That's a dirty truck. I used a water blade on my truck after washing. It's a squeegee made for washing vehicles... very soft rubber in a T shape at the end of the floppy plastic. It's like you are holding a letter T by the stem and wiping with the T part. Anyway, the Cybertruck should be a lot easier due to the lack of bends and nooks and crannies like you said. I'm also looking forward to that aspect of it.

OP
OP

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
That's my truck after they had just regraded with fresh fill a 10 mile stretch of very hilly dirt road at the deer lease. It then proceeded to rain hard all weekend. It was so thick and soupy on the road that it was like a 10 mile tractor pull. It was actually quite fun to require some serious off road capability just to make it out of there. My trailer gained several hundred pounds of mud from all the mud slinging onto the trailer deck.

When I wash my truck, I use a big squeegee also. Mine isn't as good as a water blade because I'm too cheap to go buy a specially designed squeegee and I already have the window squeegee. With all the nooks of door handles, the grill guard, mirrors, etc. there is still a ton of towel to be used, regardless. The underside is the absolute worst though for mud sticking to the truck. The CT won't have that issue and I really do admire how simple that simple body shape will make the clean up from weekends like the one above.

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PY holding me over till TRI CT
Occupation
FlagstaffRentalCabin.com & TeslaRenter.com
Country flag
Plus you can power your power washer right from the CT itself. Actually, I'll be getting one of the sweet battery-powered power washers from Greenworks or Ryobi to leave in the CT.

Jon Snow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS85D
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Plus you can power your power washer right from the CT itself. Actually, I'll be getting one of the sweet battery-powered power washers from Greenworks or Ryobi to leave in the CT.
With 120/240 power onboard the CT .. a regular electric washer should be fine too.
Sponsored