Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
For what it’s worth, Musk didn’t starts the whole Tony Stark thing. The director of Iron Man arranged for a meeting between Robert Downey Jr and Musk for character inspiration. The Tony Stark in the Movies is actually based some off a day RDJ spend shadowing Musk.

And I have to say… Musk is Tony Stark not Han Solo. Not even close. But really… Tony Stark is a smooth talker too so he’s pretty much neither.

Saying Musk fakes it until he makes it and is a smooth talker has to be about the worse take on Musk ever. As often as not, Musks goofy off the top of his head speech overshadows his technical accomplishments.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
What a hackneyed hit piece.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Solo is a hero, though.

Just like Stark, a flawed hero who at first is all in it for himself.

Alas, we'll won't see if there's a turnaround until the third act for Elon.

-Crissa
He's not a hero now?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
He's not a hero now?
Well... If this were the hero's journey, this is where he's being tested, and has to choose between his heroic goal and the temptation of being worshipped. Does he fall like Anakin or does he swoop in and 'got the your back' like Solo or like Stark does he finally realize he wasn't listening to Pepper and his teammates while accidentally building Ultron...

-Crissa

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Well... If this were the hero's journey, this is where he's being tested, and has to choose between his heroic goal and the temptation of being worshipped. Does he fall like Anakin or does he swoop in and 'got the your back' like Solo or like Stark does he finally realize he wasn't listening to Pepper and his teammates while accidentally building Ultron...

-Crissa
haha, I don't think he cares about being worshiped. He has certain things that he views are vital, free speech being one. Some don't like that, but I think he's on the right (no pun intended) side of history there.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Elon Musk is more like Dr. Evil complete with girlfriend Frau Farbissina.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
haha, I don't think he cares about being worshiped. He has certain things that he views are vital, free speech being one. Some don't like that, but I think he's on the right (no pun intended) side of history there.
Right, but he has conflicting voices vying for his ears.

One says everything he does is right, even if it conflicts with his goals. They he can eat his cake and still jave it. And that there's nothing between criminal penalties and nothing in social interaction.

The other includes some who do the opposite of worship - they deride, use him as an easy demon. While others tell him it's hard, maybe impossible, and the experience of trying to do free speech as he described it.

So yeah, it's like the hero's test. Does he turn hero or villain? The dark side is seductive.

-Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Alas, it's not.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/middle-ground

Random groupings will have a distribution cluster in the middle, but that only applies to things which are trying to be similar. One six-sided die gives a flat line, but when you add two together you get a curve.

-Crissa
From link “ Much of the time the truth does indeed lie between two extreme points, but this can bias our thinking: sometimes a thing is simply untrue and a compromise of it is also untrue. Half way between truth and a lie, is still a lie.”

When I wrote typically, I did not mean 100%. I also have a personal philosophy to double check information I do not agree with but triple check information I do agree with. This philosophy has been developed and reinforced in manufacturing. I am more apt to believe and take action on a potential process problem compared to accepting all is green and No action to be taken. To good to be true results requires validation.

I think we call all or at least most believe Hitler’s viewpoint is wrong. But, contrasting against an obvious wrong does not make my viewpoint correct. The merits of my viewpoint define how close to true the viewpoint lies.

I use the axiom I posted to always remember other viewpoints may hold value regardless if Mine is correct 99.9% of the time. 😁👍

I am not understanding the die analogy in opinions formed on randomness nor was I originally referring to reality being centered between the two viewpoints. More often it is at a triangular point but sometimes close to one of those viewpoints.

To distill down, listen to data no matter how strong the viewpoint is. Having said that, I can tell you I am against many crazy policies plaguing the country now,

Maybe I should run for president, between my wife and myself, I am guaranteed at least one vote, (bump dump bump, tiss…) 😁
Sponsored