m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, LR, DM, FSD. Cybertruck Res.
Country flag
I’m wondering if the partial bio-defense mode will actually be closer to his explanation, of Model 3 filter efficacy when ran on recirc.
Sponsored

atebit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 M3 LR, 2019 Tundra
Country flag
I guess I’m the only “meh” here. If I wanted a camper, I’d buy a pop-up. I’d be happier learning that an integrated brake controller and frame-attached D-rings in the bed have been confirmed.

Nightf0rge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher, Blacksmith
Country flag
As the article said maybe he reversed his last two answers? "Partially" for pass-though and "Probably" for full Bio-defense?

Nightf0rge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher, Blacksmith
Country flag
I guess I’m the only “meh” here. If I wanted a camper, I’d buy a pop-up. I’d be happier learning that an integrated brake controller and frame-attached D-rings in the bed have confirmed.
Can pull a large camper in addition. But enclosed camping mode option would be great for short trip, unexpected necessity.

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Bioweapon defense mode requires pressurization. Can't do that when accessing the back as it will not be sealed enough to be pressurized. JMHO.

Nightf0rge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher, Blacksmith
Country flag
Bioweapon defense mode requires pressurization. Can't do that when accessing the back as it will not be sealed enough to be pressurized. JMHO.
I guess as long as there is a slight positive pressure it would still work although maybe that's why he said partially? That feature would have been great here in N. CA during our large and smoky fires. Think Tesla engineers are talented and can figure out how to make these features work together instead of eliminating one.

SpadeFire

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda Civic EX
Occupation
System/Network Administrator
Country flag
Fun thought. Maybe they are also planning this for when they put vehicles on Mars. Airtight cabin and bed for travel between Mars colonies.

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I guess as long as there is a slight positive pressure it would still work although maybe that's why he said partially? That feature would have been great here in N. CA during our large and smoky fires. Think Tesla engineers are talented and can figure out how to make these features work together instead of eliminating one.
For the cabin possibly, but not the vault area and especially not using that tent kit on back.

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Fun thought. Maybe they are also planning this for when they put vehicles on Mars. Airtight cabin and bed for travel between Mars colonies.
This things way too heavy to transport to space.

Snuups

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Maybe the pass-through would just be below the sealed window? Seems might be the case because the back of the seats would be lower folded down then the window. To your point I do wonder how to keep debris out of the t-slots of the vault bed.
Maybe it's so simple that the back window can be rolled down like the others. It's big enough to crawl into the vault and sleep there

marc.m3

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3, 2023 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Nice to hear that. Beginning to look more and more like an SUV. I'm sure there will be an option for a 3rd row.

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta ST, Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
I guess I’m the only “meh” here. If I wanted a camper, I’d buy a pop-up. I’d be happier learning that an integrated brake controller and frame-attached D-rings in the bed have been confirmed.
I’m with you. I just want a pickup truck. I’m not really worried about some silly apocalypse nonsense.

Bucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 2
Country flag
Bio-Defence cabin or room or anything that houses a person would generally mean pressurised I'm sure.

Perhaps "partial defence" means as sealed as possible but not positive pressure.

Bucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 2
Country flag

The moment I saw the truck I thought it has Mars written all over it. Not simply due to the space aged look but the shape is good for sticking to the ground in high wind, it's impact resistant which would be good for the rocks that no doubt get thrown around in a Martian dust storm, great ground clearance, plenty of room for people in pressure suits, also easy on board storage and easy to use anchor points. And of course it's solar rechargeable.

Fenestrator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda CRV EX-L
Occupation
Millwork Sales
Country flag
This is what I was wanting to see.

Summary by @CoyoteJim (copied from below):

- Yes, there will be heat and a/c to the vault.
- Probably, there will be a pass through to the vault from the back seat (under or over the rolled up tonneau cover?).
- Partial implementation of bio weapon defense mode. (I wonder why only partially- it’s certainly big enough for the HEPA filter)

Musk's recent tweet:

Bio Defense? Just a HEPA filter please.
Sponsored