Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Im sure the International version Franz will release will be better, but something around this length (208 inch) would be fine :)

Perhaps with a cool set of roof rails from the B pillar all the way to the tailgate, and voila .
I'll be singing : Top of the line in Utility Sports, unexplained fires are a matter for the courts, Canyonero ;)
I might even be chasing down Christy Brinkley driving her Ferrari while doing so.
Tesla Cybertruck My design update render (size reduction & leveling) Smaller Tesla Cybertruck Preview
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
mprimo

mprimo

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, BMW X6
Occupation
US Government
Country flag
I'm sure it will turn out great, hopefully the air suspension will give it enough drop to get it in to my garage. ? But I'm not interested in a small truck, my silverado is 230 inches and fits fine.. Good job on the rendering, I hope to see more ??
Thanks, I'm working on the Tug of War one....that Cybertruck is massive compare to that F150.

OP
OP
mprimo

mprimo

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Government
Country flag
Im sure the International version Franz will release will be better, but something around this length (208 inch) would be fine :)

Perhaps with a cool set of roof rails from the B pillar all the way to the tailgate, and voila .
I'll be singing : Top of the line in Utility Sports, unexplained fires are a matter for the courts, Canyonero ;)
I might even be chasing down Christy Brinkley driving her Ferrari while doing so.
Smaller Tesla Cybertruck Preview.jpg
You know what, that could work........If they kept the same beltline as the concept and change the 35s for some 275/55/17s that could work nicely. They can lose 12 inches from the bed, 3 from the front and 3 from the interior.......it works......with higher "ass", the rearseat guys would be fine.

Auric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Insight
Country flag
The only part of the CT that allows a radical new design is the front. You can't reduce the bed size if you need the bed size, you can't reduce the passengers' compartment if you want to have this size of Interieur.

The major difference between a CT and any Truck out there is the lack of an engine compartment the lack of an ICE in Front.
So reduce the front overhang, move the Interieur to the front of the CT, that's the only place to save inches without losing any practicality.

OP
OP
mprimo

mprimo

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Government
Country flag
The only part of the CT that allows a radical new design is the front. You can't reduce the bed size if you need the bed size, you can't reduce the passengers' compartment if you want to have this size of Interieur.

The major difference between a CT and any Truck out there is the lack of an engine compartment the lack of an ICE in Front.
So reduce the front overhang, move the Interieur to the front of the CT, that's the only place to save inches without losing any practicality.
I think many people cancel their pre-orders if a radically new design is made. All points towards a subtle design update that doesn't affect the overall look of the CT. The one show at the reveal was absolutely massive. If you saw the Tug of War video, that CT was longer then the 231.9 Ford F150 which was the claimed length of the CT. I honestly don't know how they are going to do it......I do these to keep my sanity. Elon was supposed to get back to us with some specs......
Tesla Cybertruck My design update render (size reduction & leveling) Tug of War

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
You know what, that could work........If they kept the same beltline as the concept and change the 35s for some 275/55/17s that could work nicely. They can lose 12 inches from the bed, 3 from the front and 3 from the interior.......it works......with higher "ass", the rearseat guys would be fine.
Definitely not required to change the front at all, and I'd stick with the 35 " wheels. (which proportionally works well on midsize pickups )
Just take the bed down from 78 " to 62". Which means overall length goes from 224.7" to 208.7 ", Which gets you all the way to the goal,

But you still have scope to massage further, if you want to increase bed slightly, or reduce length further,
by If need be taking a little more space from the ample rear of the cabin.
Perhaps reduce rear door width slightly if need be.

The peak of the roof moves lower and more forward. Front rake stays exactly the same.
Rear seat headroom stays the same.
Plenty of scope to reduce the Wheelbase to something closer to 127" and improve handling and turning circle.

And now you have something a little lighter, a little more maneuverable, with all the same drive train and suspension ability of the Large Cybertruck to enter the Baja with.
Thats a little more practical around town.

P.S. Again for those who haven't been following along, this is in regard to the International Version Cybertruck
(in addition to the Large Cybertruck 224.7") we're talking about. It was mentioned in the disclaimer on the Order Page of the Cybertruck and
Elon confirmed they're working on a smaller Cybertruck and confirmed its width would be 73" although that may have changed to 75 inch's or
more.

Last edited:

craz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think many people cancel their pre-orders if a radically new design is made. All points towards a subtle design update that doesn't affect the overall look of the CT. The one show at the reveal was absolutely massive. If you saw the Tug of War video, that CT was longer then the 231.9 Ford F150 which was the claimed length of the CT. I honestly don't know how they are going to do it......I do these to keep my sanity. Elon was supposed to get back to us with some specs......
Tug of War.jpg
I LOVE the renderings in this thread. The CT’s original size was a nonstarter for a lot of people, and in my opinion it really screwed up the aesthetics especially in the rear.

These smaller renders are beautiful. A smaller truck will off-road better and hopefully weigh less. And best of all, people will actually have room to park it!

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
I LOVE the renderings in this thread. The CT’s original size was a nonstarter for a lot of people, and in my opinion it really screwed up the aesthetics especially in the rear.

These smaller renders are beautiful. A smaller truck will off-road better and hopefully weigh less. And best of all, people will actually have room to park it!
Its likely to weigh about 500 lbs less !
if so, something like a 400 or 500lbs saving in Stainless Steel, may mean a little discount to the price :D
An improvement in the range, maybe 40 miles extra :D
And a little improvement in the acceleration :D

Come to think of it, I might even sand a few hundred lbs of the bonnet and doors myself.
Im sure I don't need all 3 mm of Stainless Steel there ;)

I can't picture anyone shooting at me with a 9mm hand gun. . . . . maybe throw a high heel shoe, or a handbag, now that's another story !

Last edited:

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
If the angles are changed, like the peak angle at the top of the cabin, it will effect aerodynamics and thus range.

If you move the peak forward, it changes how tall someone can be, both in the front and back. My brother is over 6' 7". He barely fits into my car.
I was thinking this would make it easy to drive him around in comfort.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
If the angles are changed, like the peak angle at the top of the cabin, it will effect aerodynamics and thus range.

If you move the peak forward, it changes how tall someone can be, both in the front and back. My brother is over 6' 7". He barely fits into my car.
I was thinking this would make it easy to drive him around in comfort.
Hi Idjesse,
A couple of points that will put you at ease.
-The shorbed version will be in addition to the longbed version, it won't replace it. You will have a choice of 2 Cybertrucks to pick from.
-Your choice and everything about it is safe.
-Franz may not necessarily change the peak at all, in the shortbed version.
-But if he did, lowering the peak in the front only improves aerodynamics.
-Lowering the peak in the front doesn't necessarily lower the height in the rear seats.
-In fact you can even raise the rear and simultaneously lower front.
-From the shot of Elon (6'2") riding in the front, he looks like a small child, I'd suggest there's no issue in slightly trimming the height.
-If someone 6'7 fits in a car, they will definitely fit in both versions of Cybertruck.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I have read the a Cybertruck SS door weighs in around 60 pounds. That’s before they stiff it with glass, wires, electric window motor, up/down mechanism, etc. The door hinges are going to be HD to support all of that weight.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Hi Idjesse,
A couple of points that will put you at ease.
-The shorbed version will be in addition to the longbed version, it won't replace it. You will have a choice of 2 Cybertrucks to pick from.
-Your choice and everything about it is safe.
-Franz may not necessarily change the peak at all, in the shortbed version.
-But if he did, lowering the peak in the front only improves aerodynamics.
-Lowering the peak in the front doesn't necessarily lower the height in the rear seats.
-In fact you can even raise the rear and simultaneously lower front.
-From the shot of Elon (6'2") riding in the front, he looks like a small child, I'd suggest there's no issue in slightly trimming the height.
-If someone 6'7 fits in a car, they will definitely fit in both versions of Cybertruck.
If I have these concerns, maybe others will as well?
Until Tesla starts delivering CyberTrucks to customers, I am not expecting anything to be set in stone.
Also given how Tesla updates as it produces, I also would not expect just because they offered something or something was one way one day, not to expect it to be the same the next.
If there is a shorter Tesla CyberTruck and if it is for international markets where there might be a need (for road size), not sure they would offer the shorter wheel base version in the US (especially if they make it locally, like in Germany or China).
Also not sure they would make is shorter by making the bed shorter. As cab-overs are more popular and accepted in Europe and Asia, there is no reason why the shorter version needs to even look like the CyberTruck images released so far.
Also, they could just make it a 2door truck for the shorter wheel base.
I am shocked that the vehicles I fit in (I am 6'2") just fine but that my brother finds it nearly impossible or very uncomfortable to fit in. He does not fit in a Model X nor Model S. He only fits in my Subaru Outback with the seat all the way back and the seatback tilted back and even then, his knee closest to the center is in contact with the dash. The dash bulges a bit around the center controls and such, causing there to be slightly less room. He does fit in his Trailblazer Ext.
Sponsored