Gundo

First Name
Gundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S
Country flag
Just got my email from Tesla, Powershare approved. Put in contact with a Tesla certified installer for Connecticut

Which is honestly one of the reasons I pulled trigger on FS in first place.

Current setup at our home - Tesla solar, Solaredge Inverter, backup gas fired generator and 50 amp circuit from main panel to charging point in garage, no powerwall

My guess is that they will add a V3 Gateway and we'll be good to go, though who knows.

Configured a Dual Motor FS on 1/25/24 so hopefully this is a sign VIN is around the corner

Excited, so had to share!
Sponsored

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
Mine is also approved but still no VIN for my Cyberbeast...I also ordered an AWD Cybertruck instead of a MX Plaid. On the website it's slated for 2024 delivery; I'm assuming late December of 2024😅

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F.S. CyberBeast, XP, YP, 3P
Country flag
Just got my email from Tesla, Powershare approved. Put in contact with a Tesla certified installer for Connecticut

Which is honestly one of the reasons I pulled trigger on FS in first place.

Current setup at our home - Tesla solar, Solaredge Inverter, backup gas fired generator and 50 amp circuit from main panel to charging point in garage, no powerwall

My guess is that they will add a V3 Gateway and we'll be good to go, though who knows.

Configured a Dual Motor FS on 1/25/24 so hopefully this is a sign VIN is around the corner

Excited, so had to share!
they will need to upgrade the breaker to your charger to a 60 amp and run new six gauge commercial wire

CybertruckRN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Model X
Country flag
Mine was approved a couple of months ago, but never was put in touch with an installer. The email said they will do that once my Cyberbeast is delivered. I assume I am only getting the universal charger since I have a gateway v2 and powerwall already.

OP
OP
Gundo

Gundo

First Name
Gundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S
Country flag
Luckily already wired with 6 guage, so hopefully that will work

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
interesting.. 1/9 order here, and i just received the second Powershare email.

The first back in Jan said "Once your VIN is assigned and your delivery is scheduled, we will match you with a Tesla Certified Installer who will reach out to you to schedule a site visit. "

The second from today says "We matched you with a Tesla Certified Installer who will reach out to you to schedule a site visit.".

I have no VIN, but perhaps it might be imminent.

This might be unique to me, but i also went from having no delivery location listed in the app to suddenly have a delivery location listed.

Last edited:

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
interesting.. 1/9 order here, and i just received the second Powershare email.

The first back in Jan said "Once your VIN is assigned and your delivery is scheduled, we will match you with a Tesla Certified Installer who will reach out to you to schedule a site visit. "

The second from today says "We matched you with a Tesla Certified Installer who will reach out to you to schedule a site visit.".

I have no VIN, but perhaps it might be imminent.

This might be unique to me, but i also went from having no delivery location listed in the app to suddenly have a delivery location listed.
I was thinking about the PowerShare and realized it has disappeared from the list of Foundation Series equipment. Whaaaat?

I just got my VIN on Tuesday of this week and have messaged my advisor about it.
Do you know anymore?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I was thinking about the PowerShare and realized it has disappeared from the list of Foundation Series equipment. Whaaaat?

I just got my VIN on Tuesday of this week and have messaged my advisor about it.
Do you know anymore?
It's standard. Also, the additional equipment needed is... Minimal. Either a Gateway (new) or Powerwall (old or new). There might be a V2L dongle later, too. And of course anyone can use the 240v outlet already in the bed.

Listing it seems to have given the impression there was a benefit of thousands of dollars when there wasn't; it was apparently just a way to recruit Tesla Certified Installers.

-Crissa

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Do you know anymore?
The service advisor will likely not know anything.

I've received a total of three emails from Tesla regarding powershare since ordering. The first was the survey, the second was the approval based on my survey, and the third was a confirmation that I'd soon be hearing from a Tesla certified installer.

Did you to fill out survey? Or perhaps you missed that email?

Last edited:

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
Yep. Crickets. Completed the survey in January.
From reading others on this platform, it seems Tesla will only release the equipment to an installer that Tesla has approved. So, we get $700 ($1400 if Beast) instead.
the wall charger is one of the two items. I have one that I installed and it is fast and handy. Right now that is $450. The other part I believe is a “Gateway” and it has to go between the meter and you home breaker panel. It disconnects your home from the grid so power stays in your home and not juicing a line repair person down the block.
So, I guess I will just take the wall charger and use the credit for some other Chotsky’s.
Very disappointing.
No it seems Tesla has raised the bar to the point that you have to have a Powerwall $8,000 as well.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep. Crickets. Completed the survey in January.
From reading others on this platform, it seems Tesla will only release the equipment to an installer that Tesla has approved. So, we get $700 ($1400 if Beast) instead.
the wall charger is one of the two items. I have one that I installed and it is fast and handy. Right now that is $450. The other part I believe is a “Gateway” and it has to go between the meter and you home breaker panel. It disconnects your home from the grid so power stays in your home and not juicing a line repair person down the block.
So, I guess I will just take the wall charger and use the credit for some other Chotsky’s.
Very disappointing.
No it seems Tesla has raised the bar to the point that you have to have a Powerwall $8,000 as well.
I am doing the same, taking the credit. The PowerShare install for me would be 15k+ if I wanted it to power my house as my current wall charger and garage is 100ft+ away from my house. Fine with me as I expected this.
Sponsored