Nationwide delivery HOLD on all CyberTruck. Accelerator issue possible

Was your delivery cancelled by Tesla yesterday?

• Yes

Votes: 48 40.3%
  • No

Votes: 71 59.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhilEsq

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered and two MB GLC
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Because it's during the production ramp-up, Tesla has no idea when any individual vehicle is going to be built.

As opposed to the cars, for which they have relatively good data on and can estimate delivery timeframes.

They really just don't know when your vehicle is going to be, and Delivery Centers know even less.

At this point, for most states, they are starting to work on orders around the end of December. It took nearly 3 months just for the first week orders, but it appears that the other order groups were smaller.
I ordered April 4. I was hoping to get it before the summer but I guess that won't happen. I hope the tires are ok in the snow. I live at the top of a big hill.
Sponsored

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
I ordered April 4. I was hoping to get it before the summer but I guess that won't happen. I hope the tires are ok in the snow. I live at the top of a big hill.
I intend to get snow tires right away. The videos online indicate snow performance on the AT that come with the CT isn't good. This shouldn't be a surprise, as the tires don't have a 3 peak rating. I imagine the stock FS AT tires would do fine for 85% of the country without a lot of snow, but anyone in a snowy place will need to upgrade to 3 peak.

AnthonyJ

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid
Country flag
Because it's during the production ramp-up, Tesla has no idea when any individual vehicle is going to be built.

As opposed to the cars, for which they have relatively good data on and can estimate delivery timeframes.

They really just don't know when your vehicle is going to be, and Delivery Centers know even less.

At this point, for most states, they are starting to work on orders around the end of December. It took nearly 3 months just for the first week orders, but it appears that the other order groups were smaller.
If you have a friendly SA, they can check if you are matched to a production VIN 1-2 months before you get a VIN. It doesn’t show the actual VIN, but it does show an estimated date of production and an estimated date of delivery.

Most employees won’t bother giving you this information because the dates can change

OP
OP
Guylouis

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F.S. CyberBeast, XP, YP, 3P
Country flag
If you have a friendly SA, they can check if you are matched to a production VIN 1-2 months before you get a VIN. It doesn’t show the actual VIN, but it does show an estimated date of production and an estimated date of delivery.

Most employees won’t bother giving you this information because the dates can change
this is true for most Tesla models but for the Cybertruck this field is left blank. Even for the sales and delivery team.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
There's always hope the production starts to ramp up better.

When I ordered in Dec, it indicated Jan-Mar estimated delivery. I of course hoped for it to be a few weeks, but was expecting the end of March. But was ready for it to be June. Right now it appears to be late April.
I'm caught in the hold. I've seen and touched my truck, but it is on hold.

PhilEsq

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
There's always hope the production starts to ramp up better.

When I ordered in Dec, it indicated Jan-Mar estimated delivery. I of course hoped for it to be a few weeks, but was expecting the end of March. But was ready for it to be June. Right now it appears to be late April.
I'm caught in the hold. I've seen and touched my truck, but it is on hold.
You saw your truck! Is it at the dealer? That must be frustrating.

PhilEsq

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Yup, I visited my dealer twice now to see my truck. I was supposed to take delivery tomorrow 😞 I just want to get my truck out of jail.
Frustrating! Maybe get the tent and sleep in it.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
You saw your truck! Is it at the dealer? That must be frustrating.
Yep, what I was hoping I would have a delivery this week, it got bashed. It's going to be sitting at the lot for too long!

Even when we got the VIN, (before the stop) I told my wife not to get her hopes up. Don't count the chickens before they hatch!

sky-chicken

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X and Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Took delivery yesterday in Brandon,MS. Dual motor. Was overall good experience. Initially had some issues with screens not coming on but tech was great and did hard reset. Everything worked. Few very minor fit and finish issues (Bumpy dash covering, few swirls on one panel, one exposed attachment for the headliner but otherwise really good. No significant panel alignment issues). Drove back to Louisiana (167 miles interstate) and got home with 41% left in the battery (better range than I was expecting).. steer by wire was weird for about 10 minutes then got the hang of it (still a little wonky at low/parking speeds but think it’s going to be an easy transition).
You have 6 days to create a ticket with tesla on the issue you found. Very short time. Create it now!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Country flag
I had a delivery scheduled for tomorrow and they just called me to push it out til the 20th!!! All the paperwork, payment is done. 😡😡

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I received the rescheduled delivery date. Tesla mentioned on the phone the delay is due to an accelerator issue. Replacement parts are scheduled to arrive 4/19 for technicians to perform installs.

Delivery location: Plano, TX
Original delivery: 4/15
Rescheduled delivery: 4/21
Can you give us the details of your order ?

* first 5 of RN

* date you configured your truck

* date you got your VIN

* VIN Number range (6800, 4500, etc)

* Date you took delivery (if applicable)
Sponsored