New steering wheel hint?

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
I do not understand heated steering wheels. ^-^; (Or grips on motorcycles). If I want heat, it's on the exposed parts of the back of my fingers, not my palms gripping a piece of impermeable plastic.

-Crissa
Trust me, Crissa... Ride a motorcycle in the 30s (Fahrenheit) at 70 mph, and you'll soon appreciate the heated grips. Anything warm is a welcome blessing. And, heat can pass through objects, including fingers via conduction. It's a wonderful property in certain circumstances. peace
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Trust me, Crissa... Ride a motorcycle in the 30s (Fahrenheit) at 70 mph, and...
...And I've done that in jeans 'cause I didn't have riding pants yet. It wasn't a great idea.

But my hands were not the problem. And certainly not the part of them holding the grips. It's not like they're heated levers.

-Crissa

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
...And I've done that in jeans 'cause I didn't have riding pants yet. It wasn't a great idea.

But my hands were not the problem. And certainly not the part of them holding the grips. It's not like they're heated levers.

-Crissa
I tried way back in 2007, heading to Pensacola on my brand new 2007 Honda 919, for my motorcycle riding exam. And, I turned back around and grabbed some riding gear. Trust me, my hands thanked me. haha

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I find my fingers are just too busy trailbraking to spend much time on the grips. I've nice Klim gloves, tho.

Last year once I had all my gear I ended up trying to get over the hill between thunderstorms... And it decided to snow on me in the pass. I was watching the radar, but the cold front was sucked down while I was up there and ugh.

I wish I got photos, but I was not going to stand around in sleet and fumble with my phone.

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Lordstown testing skateboard. Hope he has a heated steering wheel.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Lordstown testing skateboard. Hope he has a heated steering wheel.

You think they will sell one to me just like that?

Where are you going for these videos, I have an endurance reservation but im not receiving emails or anything.

jonny

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Country flag
I think Elon just love Syd mead work. a yoke is great in a airplane but a truck, no way. First time you have to make a u turn and there is no place to put your hand on the yoke.

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
A joystick would be so easy to accidentally bump and send the car into another lane or braking hard while driving on the freeway, etc.
Once the car is autonomous, it could work by being only able to over-ride with a button press of some additional action for manual driving. Still, seems like it would be fun to drive that way!

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don’t care how the Cybertruck is furnished. Just make the dog gone contraption, stat!

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I don’t care how the Cybertruck is furnished. Just make the dog gone contraption, stat!
Have to build the machine that builds the machine first. And that is coming along very stat so far. Patience my friend. This apocalypse machine is definitely going to be worth the wait.

Zenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Let’s go one step further for aesthetics; remove the wheel entirely & use a tank steering system. That would be fun to drive with daily.
Put controls on the side of each seat and easily switch drivers. Literally back seat driving.
Sponsored