First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
Good luck with that. Not being able to sell in TX has put a quash on any Texas deliveries which just boggles the mind.
Picking up in TX is not the same as buying in TX. No matter what the TX legislature does we can buy elsewhere and come pick up in TX.

Advertisement

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Picking up in TX is not the same as buying in TX. No matter what the TX legislature does we can buy elsewhere and come pick up in TX.
Nebraska has the same anti-competitive law that Texas does. I will have to buy my Cybertruck and pick it up in another state. So far we don’t know what Texas will do in that regards. It’s stupid and backward thinking, especially considering there are billions of dollars being invested by Tesla, Boring Co., SpaceX in Texas.

Last edited:

firsttruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Nebraska has the same anti-competitive law that Texas does. I will have to buy my cyber truck and pick it up in another state. So far we don’t know what Texas will do in that regards. It’s stupid and backward thinking, especially considering there is billions of dollars being invested by Tesla, Boring Co., SpaceX in Texas.

Those BILLIONS going to suppliers & workers are meaningless
unless enough hundreds of thousands go into the right pockets.

If you want to know the right pockets, follow the money trail from the source at the car dealers.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I tried this with my Model Y.

I was going to pick it up in California to speed up delivery. They told me I'd have to pay California sales taxes on the car even if I registered it in Oregon.

That was under different circumstances, it wasn't a pre-ordered car. Texas law could also be different.

empiredown

First Name
Stacy
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Crew, 2019 Porsche Carrera T, 2020 Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Occupation
Semi-Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
Texas IS different. You don’t pay sales tax until you register here. If you ain’t, you won’t…

Don’t Kalifirnia my Tehas, y’all!

It’s still early, all you FUD mongers need to chill… This will work out.

Come and Take It.

ß

Advertisement

Advertisement