Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
From what we've seen, it appears that the app senses your phone, and once you touch the finger sensor, it pops the door and inch or so.
There's a giant magnet up in the stratosphere that kinda takes care of everything.
No, but seriously, what Bill said.
Sponsored

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
The Cybertruck will be devoid of any type of handles for opening. No door handles, tailgate handle or frunk handle. Itā€™s the first ever for a production vehicle that I know of.

I will be curious to see how Cybertruck owners open the drivers door.

Will the app sense your approach and automatically pop the door open? Will the vehicle use a a biometric fingerprint scan to open the door? Will it pop open when approaching like the Model X?

335B8E11-EDBA-4670-966E-6F069EAA6E67.jpeg
I get that itā€™s probably a pain to cut the opening for the handles out of the stainless steel door panels and all, but now you have to push a button. Hopefully you can swipe your foot under the fruck or bed if your hands are full. Getting your phone out and tapping isnā€™t helpful either.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Hopefully it has same open on approach like the X. In my opinion itā€™s the best.
Everyone I know with a Model X turns off the auto opening doors within a week or two of getting their car. There are just WAY too many situations where the door pops open when you didn't want it to. Poking the door "handle" is easy enough, even with a hand full of groceries (use the elbow). Although the CyberTruck button looks like it may be a tad tougher to poke with your elbow because of the width of the window sill. šŸ¤ž

Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I get that itā€™s probably a pain to cut the opening for the handles out of the stainless steel door panels and all, but now you have to push a button. Hopefully you can swipe your foot under the fruck or bed if your hands are full. Getting your phone out and tapping isnā€™t helpful either.
Probably have voice recognition and voice command options. Other option in the future is image/video recognition based on FSD AI system that is used to detect owner/driver .

Last edited:

Madaven818

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: CRV future: cyber truck
Occupation
UPS
Country flag
The Cybertruck will be devoid of any type of handles for opening. No door handles, tailgate handle or frunk handle. Itā€™s the first ever for a production vehicle that I know of.

I will be curious to see how Cybertruck owners open the drivers door.

Will the app sense your approach and automatically pop the door open? Will the vehicle use a a biometric fingerprint scan to open the door? Will it pop open when approaching like the Model X?

335B8E11-EDBA-4670-966E-6F069EAA6E67.jpeg
Iā€™m hoping for *Some* sort of manual workaround for emergencies. šŸ˜¬

dempster

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model 3, 2021 Model Y, Cybertruck preoder
Country flag
Iā€™m hoping for *Some* sort of manual workaround for emergencies. šŸ˜¬
*shrugs* just make it like the model 3/y. Give us a ā€œunlatch doorā€ button in the app, and weā€™ll body-check the door when it ices upā€¦ rather than beating the door handle with your fist a frozen model 3. lol

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Its always seemed similar to me to what Ford did with the Mustang Mach-E. Very similar, just taking it a step further.

Its going to be fun to explain to passengers. Can't wait to explain it to my parents. I have given them rides in my Model 3 for like 5 years now and they still have problems with it! I actually think this will be simpler in some ways.
I think it'll be easier to explain than the Y handles.

"You gotta push the thicc part and grab the skinny part"

Vs

Hit the button. (Might have to get creative about how you describe where it is tho)

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
With the phone key you don't have to touch anything. Just walk up to the car and it unlocks.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Well with as many mishaps that my wife has with missing keys and phones, I mean outside too.
I dont think it would be secure really if there was always a way to open the door without keys or phones.

I suggest buying a key fob too? lol

You really have a lot of lines of defense, keycard in wallet, phone in pocket, fob in purse/pocket

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

Madaven818

First Name