Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
But maybe that is also because a lot of the ranger interactions are "because" they think you might be up to something. I admit with most rangers, when I'm travelling, I just drive past and don't normally have a reason to talk to. It's a bit like the cops I suppose, that you don't really see or interact with until something is seriously abnormal or wrong.
Just one state over, my brother finds that his ranger/wildlife patrol interactions are always negative. He was with me one time when I drove up a mountain to go ask the ranger where we could shoot a .50 BMG. That's a ludicrous piece of near-artillery and we needed lots of room. My brother, with his California lens, thought we were about to get hassled at best. Instead the AZ state ranger drove us to a shooting spot that was perfect, but we'd never see it without him. Way off the trail.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Lol. How much does that cost a round?

But yeah definitely. It takes all types and not all park visitors are angels either, even though we might think we are. Especially those shooting .50 cal over your head! 🤣

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
LOL, well that’s why we make sure to be far away from even other shooters.
Costs vary a lot. A high end commercial round is $7 each. Basic commercial rounds are about $3.50 to $4. Reloads from various online sources are about $2.50. And my own hand reloads using military surplus components are just under a dollar. In that case I’m reusing the brass. This also lets me make exploding top rounds which a blast. So to speak.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
LOL, well that’s why we make sure to be far away from even other shooters.
Costs vary a lot. A high end commercial round is $7 each. Basic commercial rounds are about $3.50 to $4. Reloads from various online sources are about $2.50. And my own hand reloads using military surplus components are just under a dollar. In that case I’m reusing the brass. This also lets me make exploding top rounds which a blast. So to speak.

Looks like a fast way to go broke, but I'd still love to try it just for funnsies. Sure moves a lot of metal downrange. :cool:

I suppose avoiding shooting over the heads of other shooters is also a good self preservation technique. It's the unarmed hikers that you don't have to worry about so much. ;);)

Nice center of mass shot btw, but I think that rock was already dead before it got hit by your .50 cal. :ROFLMAO:

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Sure moves a lot of metal downrange. :cool:
The light explosive bullets are 867 grains propelled by 200-210 grains of powder. In comparison, the common AR-15 rounds are 45-65 grain projectiles with about 28 grains of powder. Yeeeee-haw.
Sponsored