Perhaps they could produce a smaller Cybertruck, given how well the truck is accepted

Day One

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroen C5, Ford Territory
Occupation
Tesla Destination
Country flag
I think it would be interesting to spec a mini truck now, seeing the various reactions to what is almost a monster truck./

I am thinking: 4 seats, 4 ft bed, big wheels, slab-sided SS with no paint, but in lighter gauge.
Sits on MY skate, 2 stack battery packs, same flat windscreen but convertible top, the rollup tonneau could go right over to the windscreen.
Adaptable to LH or RH drive.
Swims. Ludicrous Plaid etc,
SpaceX thruster options a la Roadster
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
How much smaller will the frontal area be?

CyberSixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 f150 3.5 EcoBoost, 2001 Toyota Aristo 2jz gte, 2019 Honda Civic type R
Occupation
Telecommunications contractor
Personally I would have no need for a small truck they're quite useless vehicles in my opinion and the industry doesn't need them. What they need is a heavy duty truck to complete the lineup that can tow 40,000 pounds efficiently. Something rural businesses could use.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
The point is that range is largely the result of airflow over the front cross section of the vehicle and is largely unaffected by the length of the vehicle. A 2 seater side by side needs just as much battery as 2 seat and 3 row long vehicle. Drivetrain and battery cost much more in comparison to the vehicle body, as such the savings for making it smaller aren't as much as one would think.

Akela

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius 3G GLP.
Country flag
Hi!
Would be great an smaller cybrtrk here in Europe.

Maybe they could make another line of vehicles totally different from the S,X,3 and Y. Imagine a cybrcar, cybrSUV, cybrVAN...

Many common pieces in a maybe faster production line? For an interested market and with no competition?

OP
OP
Day One

Day One

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroen C5, Ford Territory
Occupation
Tesla Destination
Country flag
Asked on Twitter whether he would be launching a smaller version, Musk replied that Tesla would "probably" do a mid-size Cybertruck, too.
"Long term, it probably makes sense to build a smaller Cybertruck too," Musk wrote in a Tweet.

So.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
A smaller Cybertruck is fine, say 10-20% smaller, if they can use the same parts again, but don't expect it to be much cheaper because most of the expensive internal parts will be the same. Probably just a smaller bed for the midsize. But still no mention of "cybercar".

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler
Occupation
Treasury Finance Insurance
Country flag
^^^^This -- the price of a "mid-size" Cybertruck would not be reduce much, if at all. We've already seen this pricing with Ranger/F-150 or Colorado/Silverado or Tacoma/Tundra

Joelm

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Tesla M3, Cybertruck
Occupation
Self employeed
Country flag
Personally I would have no need for a small truck they're quite useless vehicles in my opinion and the industry doesn't need them. What they need is a heavy duty truck to complete the lineup that can tow 40,000 pounds efficiently. Something rural businesses could use.
Tesla could shrink the semi design make room for passengers and they would crush the market.

Camper Van Someren

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS, 2015 Sienna AWD, 2002 Ranger
Country flag
I’d be interested in a smaller version. I’m doubtful that the current CT would fit in my garage without some minor modifications (cutting a hole in a closet). It would also be much easier to maneuver and park in a city. I generally hate driving big things.

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
I’d be interested in a smaller version. I’m doubtful that the current CT would fit in my garage without some minor modifications (cutting a hole in a closet). It would also be much easier to maneuver and park in a city. I generally hate driving big things.
This will be a strong truck.. No need to cut holes, just pull in to the garage until the garage door can close. Then dust the drywall off the hood. :oops:

ElectricCat

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 MS, 2018 M3 LR, 2020 Model S LR, 2022 MY LR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I highly doubtful, that it fits in my 20 ft standard garage. So, charging overnight is a problem for me. I need the version about at least 10 inch shorter . Am I asking too much?

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
Lots of people mention needing to park in garage to charge, but that is not so. There are two cord lengths on the Tesla wall connector, one is 24 feet. You can park outside and just run the cord to the vehicle. Or you can mount the connector (EVSE) outdoors. Totally safe to do.

When people have visitors most don't offer them the garage, but if they need to charge they can easily do so in the driveway.

I don't think you are asking too much. I just don't expect to see the smaller version right away. :sick:
Sponsored