JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
Is that what was meant by price because, if so, then my comment is incorrect. I was talking about the ā€˜MSRPā€™ of the Cybertruck, which I claim is disconnected from what this Cybertruck will pull at auction. At the end of the day I couldnā€™t care less how much that Cybertruck sells for. For the Petersen I hope it goes for a LOT, but that price will have no impact on the MSRP or the resale value of Cybertrucks.
i was referencing auction prices, but PilotPete makes a good point that the rich of the world tend to inflate charity auctions because they can, so less likely relevant to resale prices, i agree.

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
Pretty sure he's not going to be operating any of the tools that make the Cybertruck.

-Crissa
Yep, gone are the days of the Model's S and 3 where he was nearly bankrupt sleeping in the factory, walking the production floor and joining in on and re-ingineering the assembly process every day.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Where do you see "2022" as your model year? My app shows specs with specific features (Autopilot, color, interior, wheel size, seat count, Supercharger access) but model year not mentioned. My original window sticker describes the vehicle and shows "Date of Manufacture" with mm/yyyy, but no where is a "model year" mentioned.
The 10th digit of your VIN number* is the year model code. K=2019 L=2020 M=2021 N=2022 (O is skipped so as not to be confused with zero) P=2023 etc.

*I use the redundant terms ā€œVINā€ and ā€œnumberā€ to increase responses to my post. Some people canā€™t help themselves. šŸ¤£

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
*I use the redundant terms ā€œVINā€ and ā€œnumberā€ to increase responses to my post. Some people canā€™t help themselves. šŸ¤£
HEY!!! That "N" is redundant! The "N" in VIN stands for "number"!!!!

*Hoping I get a couple of laughing emoji responses to my post. šŸ¤”

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
The richest person on earth is building this vehicle. If you think rich people ruin everything then please make sure you dont buy one
Here's another way to look at it.....

One of the richest people on Earth is making the top-level decisions and paying for a substantial portion of the labor, materials, equipment, tools, facilities and intellectual property required to conceive, design, construct, assemble, prototype and test the vehicle to confirm it is ready for production and support after delivery. (Owns about 13% of the shares of the company.)

If you think rich, eccentric geniuses are the only people "irrational" enough to risk so much on such a bold, critically-needed departure from the rutted path of traditional vehicle manufacturers, then please make sure you buy one.
Sponsored