Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I definitely don't trust those measuring apps.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You could call this as “bed in use”.
handing out ice cream at giga Texas:
I’d forgotten about that video, thanks!

Strangle enough, that does give you a good idea of the size of the truck bed. Having 3 (4 briefly) people standing up in the vault comfortably gives me at least good perspective on sizing.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I definitely don't trust those measuring apps.
I feel you, except I went and verified the functionality myself and it's actually pretty friggin accurate.

RR2241TX

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I’m hoping there’ll be an 8X5 option with the gate shut. Short beds are fine for most users but it has rear steer so putting a useable bed on it won’t be a problem in the Lowe’s parking lot and really increases the utility as a work truck.

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci
Occupation
Country flag
I’m hoping there’ll be an 8X5 option with the gate shut. Short beds are fine for most users but it has rear steer so putting a useable bed on it won’t be a problem in the Lowe’s parking lot and really increases the utility as a work truck.
Not to be the grammar police, but I need to make one correction:
instead of saying “you’re hoping…” I think it is more accurate to say “you’re dreaming…”

They need to keep it simple to get it ramped up and fulfill potentially over a million orders. They already have multiple motor configurations, I am sure they aren’t going to add many more variations on top of that. The bed on this is not like a typical pickup truck, with a cab and bed set on top of a ladder frame or similar. In those cases, it isn’t as difficult to swap the bed.
if the dimensions end up being close to final, you could build a bed that drops into the existing vault that would essentially be a 5’ x 8’ box. Bolt it down to the mounting tracks and load it up! You could paint the back of the box with red bands and an overhang warning or whatever you need, legally.
Sponsored