Petition Elon for Dually

CyberDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Wow!!! Has anybody else had a similar feeling when you saw the Cybertruck Dually (dual rear wheels) rendering? That IS heart-stopping beauty.

Tesla needs to compete not just with the F-150, but with bigger models.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope Tesla produces a dually Cybertruck. If you get responses from Elon on Twitter, please ask him if heā€™d make it. ???

Tesla Cybertruck Petition Elon for Dually 818A1607-E660-48DE-904D-B3F36F267ED1
Sponsored

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
The problem is there is no real point in the dually unless you can pull a gooseneck trailer, or a 5th wheel if you like. That seems questionable with clearance, because of the sails. Or perhaps there is enough clearance, you would need to make the measurements. My gooseneck clears the side of my F350 bed at 90 degrees by a foot or so, never actually measured it. So maybe.........the shape/height of the gooseneck itself can also be altered, straightened/raised.......so probably could be done, assuming you can mount the hitch under the bed. In any case, it would be cool....... I like it.......

Last edited:
OP
OP
CyberDoc

CyberDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The problem is there is no real point in the dually unless you can pull a gooseneck trailer, or a 5th wheel if you like. That seems questionable with clearance, because of the sails. Or perhaps there is enough clearance, you would need to make the measurements. The gooseneck clears the side of my F350 bed at 90 degrees by a foot or so, never actually measured it. So maybe.........the shape/height of the gooseneck could also be altered in the future........
a Tesla-designed fifth wheel / gooseneck trailer would be optimal anyway, since Tesla could integrate a battery pack for full 500 mile range (plus solar on top) and for running AC etc while camping, etc etc.

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
Sure, why not? Don't see why Tesla couldn't design that.........

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Right, good point. We discussed that one on TMC. A bit close to the rear bumper in a turn perhaps but such a design could work in general. I suppose then that the more succinct complaint would be it may not work with many existing gooseneck/5th wheel trailers. Different issue, right?

Snuups

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Sure, why not? Don't see why Tesla couldn't design that.........
Shure they could. But they won't. CT is a mass market product. For dual tires on the rear axle there is not enough demand.

If Tesla builds fĆ¼r this market it will be based on the Semi construction.

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is clearly a demand for duallies. Smaller market no doubt, but demand nevertheless. The difference in producing, for example, an F350 and an F350 dually is minimal, rear-axle and fender. Predicting what Tesla will do is speculation. What in truth happens, however, will not be because the market will not tolerate a Cybertruck dually or production is prohibitively difficult/expensive. That in no way means that Tesla will expand their product lines to include lesser markets any time in the foreseeable future. Probably not, if you wanted to play the odds............

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
this would either be extremely wide or take up bed space. Also I am not sure this could fit on the tri motor without being too wide. If the tri motor is one motor per rear tire than it cannot encroach on the bed space as the motors being side by side will take too much space. Maybe a quad motor option with in wheel motors could do this but not as good a motor and less efficient. The duals would also suck up efficiency so I donā€™t see Tesla doing this.

Snuups

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Maybe a quad motor option with in wheel motors could do this but not as good a motor and less efficient. The duals would also suck up efficiency so I donā€™t see Tesla doing this.
Wheel motors aut of question. You just dont want that mass without suspension. That will cause a super shitty ride. Beside that theese kind of cars are pretty much US maket only.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
I dont see this being realistic. The CT will have a fully adjustable air suspension as discussed on stage the night of the debut. Undoubtedly, the air suspension was not created with high capacities in mind as it was developed in their cars. Redeveloping that, along with the drive-train to handle extra wheels, (not to mention additional pieces/parts needed as I am no dually expert) as well as the fact that it is simply inefficient. It all would be going away from the exact goal of what the CT was to be, Rapidly and efficiently manufactured, and if you read some of the other posts about towing mileage expectations, I cant imagine creating additional detriments to that.

While I think its great that people are seeing all of the things the CT could make better for them, I really hope that people dont put so many expectations on it, and then are vocally disappointed when it does not meet those expectations. Take it for what it is, an electric alternative to a half ton pickup.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CyberDoc

CyberDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Big picture: it looks SOOO SICK ???.
Technical challenges can be easily overcome with engineering.
Dually pickups exist so itā€™s totally doable.

Tesla CT dually would be so sick nobody can deny = good for Tesla, get all the ā€œtough guysā€ on board.
Sponsored