Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tundra(sold),02 Subaru Outback,1967 Fastback
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Or themselves to snap out of it..

Lol Harder harder

if it was a nuclear war instead of a pandemic...Idk but I imagine peeps would still be bellyaching about cybertruck delays o_O :rolleyes:
Sponsored

jd1

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered
Country flag
One thing that Covid has done for sure... increase people being upset over ......... well, almost everything. I listened to the entire call and Elon stopped short a few ti es from basically saying.. wow, you guys just don't get it do you? (When asked about future vehicle timeline)

Elon has usually seen things others don't, which I doubt many would argue. So we out down a small deposit and in the time between Nov 2019 and now.... fair to say the world has had a few set backs? Elon pointed out, it wasn't about batteries, or metal, or the plant itself... it was about the tech inside the truck that needed much more testing, planning and pricing to figure out how to get it in our hands at a cost effective price.

Was I let down? Sure.. like you but if waiting another year means I get to watch the competition deliver it's best EV truck.. all while Tesla is taking notes and making ours far better... yeah, I think I'll be okay without my 100 deposit for now.

After all, we get to watch Rivian struggle to push 2 trucks out of their factory daily, Ford dealers being threatened for price fixing Lightnings and the occasional angry customer come in and tell us how they're cancelling order to go to one of the other ev's that even once on the road, won't match Tesla tech. Maybe beat us on interior? Yeah, probably. ?

New CT will be worth it.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Dids I always value your opinion and comments. BTW I have absolutely no intention of sueing anybody. I'm not writing my opinions on here to unchap my ass. I waited almost a full day to calm down and voice my opinion without too much temperament. This is a public forum where people with like minds or desires congregate, mostly to express themselves. You are one of the people on here that I enjoy reading comments from the most. Sorry you don't like what I have to say, like others stated, I honestly do feel like walking away from this forum for awhile. Time will tell. It's just not much fun at this point, and it seems kinda pointless.
The point I'm trying to make is I'm as disappointed as anyone... but I'm not trying to say that Elon or Tesla somehow mislead me. I am fully aware that I didn't put a deposit on a vehicle order. That I was only buy a spot in line and that Tesla was doing that to judge interest in a future product and was projecting a production date. The truth is that I will wait 10 years for a CT if that's when they decide to make it. If I don't like it doesn't change anything, I want this truck and since I can't make it myself I have no choice but to wait....
There is nothing wrong with demonstrating a future product or with projecting when you think it can be created.
Thinking that because someone told you they want to do something somehow means you are entitled to that actually happening is an error , that's why I said sue... I don't actually think you will or could actually demonstrate standing in a court. I was being facetious.

Mr. Keys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Country flag
The above statement from Elon is such BS. If they are resource constrained where they can only produce lets say 500k cars because of parts, then that's EXACTLY when the focus should move to building out a new assembly line for Cybertruck, since it would be slow to ramp up and work out the kinks. They could then scale CT up along with the parts shortage getting better. This is literally the perfect time to be building out the CT line!! Not doing so is simply a short term money grab for margins. Tesla never used to be like that :(

As for Elon's other comment about the focus to Optimus, and hopefully 2023 for Cybertruck, while a bot is cool and important, you can't just decide to change priorities after you've collected 1 million+ reservations and already delayed a year. Elon has a responsibility to be running at full speed on Cybertruck right now, full stop.
Gonna quote myself from the disappointment thread since I think it fits here too lol. Sure hope these guys get moving ASAP

YeahYeahYeah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tundra(sold),02 Subaru Outback,1967 Fastback
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
The "CT delays" are obviously understandable...!!! I don't even see it as a delay either. Some events are so completely out of one's control that nobody could've ever forecasted it. When the whole world was turned upside down 2-3 months after the Cybertruck unveil people should've known all previous timeline estimates were off the table. The chip shortage was someone else's failure. I understand chip manufacturer's are now aware of the supply chain problems of having one place make almost all the chips, and they'll be moving more production to US, and around the World. That takes time, Intel just announced some new manufacturing plant in Ohio.

Elon's not going to bellyache about it, he knows it won't solve anything, it just is what it is, it just has to be endured. Instead he's keeping busy and moving forward with the Optimus project. Probably because it doesn't share the same supply chain constraints that auto manufacturing is experiencing. Guaranteed a team is continuing to work on, and refine the cybertruck. Elon's excited and looking forward to delivering the Cybertruck. He's just being realistic and as accurate as possible.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
been waiting for yesterday earns call foe a month to get some news about ct. but ct is basically ignored from what i can see, delay after delay after delay
i dont know why but what confuses me most is why there are THAT many people trying to find excuses for the whole delay?

What is a promise? I get that things change and other s**t happens during the life, but look how many time he broke his words.

too much tolerance is contributing the mistake, history tells.
you might have heard of this pandemic thing going around..... it's affected everyone.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
In all fairness @Crissa, are we going to go specific on the words here? The CEO of a company says his company will deliver a product, in a timeframe, for a cost, and then doesn't, but rather shifts the timeframe and the features several times, then I think the OP's position has legs. Same is true about FSD. There is no way it will be L4 this year. I've been testing it and it cannot even read and follow warning signs. No evergency vehicles. No flagmen. It cannot merge into fast-moving traffic. It gets confused and stops in traffic. It cannot get onto an onramp or an offramp. It cannot handle railroad rails or bike lane markings. It cannot handle crazy people. And it cannot handle much in terms of weather or road conditions. Apart from these it does a pretty good job, but I am still very, very cautious with it behind the wheel. These are simple facts, and yet Elon is saying, once again, that he will be surprised if FSD isn't L4 this year. And he has said this before. To me, when a person hedges once, or even twice, I can give them the benefit of the doubt. After that I generally stop listening to them. Does this change my faith in their vision or their products? Not in the least. I love them. Just not listening anymore.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The only reason it can't read signs is because that's turned off. They have to focus on training bits at a time, as they learn to train the AI they can add in more complex behavior. It needs to make these decisions quickly, and the real difficulty is the system choosing a plan and carrying it out without changing its mind or forgetting what it has to do next.

And that's not a promise. He didn't say promise. He is very excited about it, sure, but he hasn't promised a date. That's what the configurator is for. Then we start getting promises.

As @Dids pointed out, in the adult world, contracts are promises. We need to be clear and allow hopes and aspirations to exist, and not tie them down to promises that can't be kept. That's what makes them not show us anything.

-Crissa

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I never said he made any promises, and it would be silly if he did, but you are nit picking and I don't understand why. I expect the CEO of a successful company, and an engineer at that, to know what the company can do, and when, and not to make fanciful statements or claims the company cannot back up. This isn't broken promises, but it is obfuscation.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
The only reason it can't read signs is because that's turned off. They have to focus on training bits at a time, as they learn to train the AI they can add in more complex behavior. It needs to make these decisions quickly, and the real difficulty is the system choosing a plan and carrying it out without changing its mind or forgetting what it has to do next.

And that's not a promise. He didn't say promise. He is very excited about it, sure, but he hasn't promised a date. That's what the configurator is for. Then we start getting promises.

As @Dids pointed out, in the adult world, contracts are promises. We need to be clear and allow hopes and aspirations to exist, and not tie them down to promises that can't be kept. That's what makes them not show us anything.

-Crissa
You're right he didn't say I promise. HE IMPLIED IT AS A FACT!

My comment is for EVERYBODY. Take a few minutes and watch this video on how Elon was promoting the Semi in 2017. He makes it obvious that the Tesla Semi has a very good chance at changing our world and that it WILL be an incredible product. BUT WHEN! It's now on the back burner. But watch Elon's conviction that production begins 2019. It's at 6:45 in the video.

Trust is very important in my book. And unfortunately, I am losing trust in what Elon says. Yes, I'm still keeping my $100 reservation on my CT, and I'm HOPING Tesla will get moving on these products that will change the world. But i sure as hell ain't happy about some of their business decisions.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
At least Elon is consistent..pretty sure he has missed every timeline he has ever stated. We should be used to it by now. I'll be ordering a MYP to hold me over until when if ever the CT comes.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Those of us who know a little about investing are familiar with all the caveats that go with "forward looking" statements made in financial documents.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Same is true about FSD. There is no way it will be L4 this year....These are simple facts, and yet Elon is saying, once again, that he will be surprised if FSD isn't L4 this year. And he has said this before....
FSD involves AI and AI is a special case. Intelligent people, like E.M., see the promise of AI and get so excited that they fail to see its obvious fundamental limitation. "By the end of the year" promises surrounding AI based systems started with Norbert Wiener in the 50's.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
At least Elon is consistent..pretty sure he has missed every timeline he has ever stated. We should be used to it by now. I'll be ordering a MYP to hold me over until when if ever the CT comes.
That's true of any new technology.

But no, not 'every' timeline. As has been pointed out, Model S came out on time, Model 3 came out on time, Model Y was early...

-Crissa
Sponsored