Petition: Elon/Tesla, Please give us our cybertruck 6-seater config back!

adam_clone

First Name
Sunil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corolla, MDX
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Folks, Had this crazy idea to start a petition to convince Tesla and Elon to give our 6-seater config back.
Based on config seen on the recent beta build and comments from executives, it appears as if only 5-seater config will go to Production :(
A lot of people I know are talking about this, as its a deal breaker for families with kids!!!
Please support this petition, to bring it to Elon, Fraz and Tesla's attention.
https://chng.it/HQydL4TG
Sponsored

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I think you'd get better traction with this if you can get one of the Tesla Twitter influencer accounts to share this.

OP
OP

adam_clone

First Name
Sunil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corolla, MDX
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Trying my luck on twitter with this: Please retweet if you support.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I didn’t realize there were so many families with 4 kids!
Me
Wife
Daughter
Son in law
Daughter
Grandson.

One house, three generations. All travel on vacations together in my 6 seat Avalon.

Also, I have friends. These are people with whom I am close to and do things with together. Like go to movies, events and camping. We travel in one vehicle to share experiences and save on travel, not pollute the planet with 2 vehicles. You might try getting some friends. They are fun.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
You might try getting some friends. They are fun.
re-read the comment and the one I was responding to and reconsider if your intent was to throw strays?

as its a deal breaker for families with kids!!!
or wait until there’s a comment about “it’s a deal breaker for people who have friends”

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
im more suspect of the dimensions of the rear seat in this model. If 3 adult males can’t comfortably sit back there you can bank on fleets backing out of purchases. A crew for me is usually 3-4 but occasionally 5 or a total crew that’s divisible by 5.
If I can’t fit 3 x 200lbs+ guys like a F150 it can’t be a fleet’r for me. For my personal vehicle a midsize truck is plenty as its just me, the gf and pugs

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
For me right now it isn't a major concern, but I can understand why it's very important to some.

Because so far these are only Ăźeta versions that everyone is talking about, we really don't know if Tesla isn't already planning to offer a both a 5 seat or 6 seat layout in the Cybertruck configurator or not.

Yet it still doesn't hurt to make sure Tesla is aware of customer preferences though.

I'm sure Tesla wants to keep a lot of details in house until final production reveal. I'm glad there are so many 'chomping at the bit' even about features of just the Ăźeta version.

Doesn't align well with media narratives though... Remember, according to Morgan Stanley, we're all supposed to be just a bunch of 'side show cult' fanboys right? :rolleyes:

- ÆCIII

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Cybertruck will replace the Avalon that my daughter will obtain. I think I have earned enough enviro-cred by using this vehicle for 18 years and counting.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I'm fully supportive of the 6 seater, and want mine to be that configuration too to take more than just my family with. (Those that still live at home)

There's a fair few families, or people who are considering a CT instead of a van, for lack of any EV van being available. With 6 seats and the vault it works well as a large SUV too.

But I think the 6 seat is a cost cutting measure, probably because of the safety equipment to make the sixth seat work.

So if people are serious about the sixth seat, I'd strongly recommend saying you are willing to pay extra to have the sixth seat as an "option". That will make it much more likely, seeing that center console box that has replaced the 6th seat can only be worth $100 in plastic.
Sponsored