Petition Elon for Dually

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
Again, the hardware difference between a dually or not is very little. No significant design mods needed. Duallies are for stability when towing large loads. So you don't jackknife towing 20k lbs on the highway at speed. Duallies are useless offroad and the back end skates around when not loaded/under load. Not good in mud and snow/ice, even slides on wet grass...........a rather one-trick pony but when towing those loads nothing else like it.
Sponsored

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
The other issue is the limitation of the 14,000 lb rated tow capacity. Probably hard to justify a dually with that inherent limitation.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Big picture: it looks SOOO SICK ???.
Technical challenges can be easily overcome with engineering.
Dually pickups exist so itā€™s totally doable.

Tesla CT dually would be so sick nobody can deny = good for Tesla, get all the ā€œtough guysā€ on board.
No offense what-so-ever, but I would have absolutely 0 interest in this and dislike how it looks...

OP
OP
CyberDoc

CyberDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Guys Iā€™m not a truck guy, but Iā€™m pretty sure the F250/350/450 are bigger and have more towing capacity etc.

Iā€™m not saying make a Tesla F150 dually (does that exist in Fordā€™s lineup??)

Basically I am saying, for Tesla to be taken seriously as a pickup maker, eventually it would be totally sweet to have a Tesla 250/350/450 etc equivalent...

and yes Elon please make it available in dually ?????

OP
OP
CyberDoc

CyberDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I mean there are many many many guys who drive duallies for no logical reason. This is not about logic. This is about winning hearts & minds.

Heck, 99% of pickup drivers donā€™t need to be driving a PICKUP.
Tesla Cybertruck Petition Elon for Dually 1578336748744

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Right, there is no F150 dually. The F150 is a light-duty 1/2 ton truck. The Cybertruck, in my opinion, will be somewhere between the F150 and the F250, with a bit of offroad capacity thrown in, something the Ford trucks are not very good at.

OP
OP
CyberDoc

CyberDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Because if you pay attention, almost immediately when Elon announced Cybertruck F-150 equivalent, a former Prius owning, non truck type individual asked him if heā€™d consider making a SMALLER version.

Now, Elon listens to the customer so he was willing to consider that. But... Elon is reaching out to the rough and tough truck segment and you wonā€™t win them with diminutive bitty pansy truckies.

and who cares, itā€™ll all be clean solar soon enough if we get these macho types on board. So give ā€˜em SIZE. Because they have a preoccupation with that, unquestionably. ?

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Right, the truck market is composed of folks as diverse as the car market itself. Rednecks/hillbillies like trucks, true enough, so do a gazillion other types who value purpose. The Cybertruck will probably be a big seller with most types..........rednecks will likely initially resist, resistance is futile..........

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Gut feeling, a dual option is not practical at this time.
Considering how diverse the market is.
In keeping with these checkmarks, lower/comparable cost, range, strength, and I was an instant fan of the design.
What cross section of features are a must to accommodate 60% of the marketā€™s needs?
My checks are covered, my needs fall into wanting a truck for looks, bed for ā€˜fun stuffā€™ and not a work truck.
I also wanted a commuter with a large cabin. If I must drive the 405, So CA, I want to be in a first class cabin instead of coach legroom.

OP
OP
CyberDoc

CyberDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Oh thereā€™s no question Iā€™m getting Cybertruck for a family hauler. Being able to throw the kidsā€™ stuff in the back and tow a camper, is icing on the cake.

but if I could get an F250 equivalent dually Cybertruck to do this, that would be so sweet.

Until we have a definite upcoming dually CT, Iā€™m thinking about aesthetic mods for the current CT to look as much like the dually design as possible.

To me, the dually is the CT, enhanced.

OP
OP
CyberDoc

CyberDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Not bad! I do hope eventually there is a full lineup of Cybertruck versions. ?

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I also think that duals are a solid axel only option. I have never heard of an independent suspension dual vehicle.

Exactly.

I'd love a dually CT. I could potentially replace my Dodge 3500 with it. But the fact is, duallys still have their place in the truck world. They tow so much better than a SRW truck, hands down. And at a much higher weight capacity.

XB12R

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 2 Motor, 2010 Suburban, 2014 Honda CTX1300, 2007 Buell XB12R
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I had a '99 GMC dually crew long box a few vehicles ago. The extra pair of tires made a big difference braking and accelerating on any kind of road surface while towing.

OP
OP
CyberDoc

CyberDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I also think that duals are a solid axel only option. I have never heard of an independent suspension dual vehicle.
More innovation opportunity for Tesla. Watch them (eventually, when they are at a production level to dominate the truck sector) make a dually with independent suspension, and/or other thinking-outside-the-box solutions that blow away naysayers....
Sponsored