Post your Cybertruck preorder reservation number!

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
RN112860118 Reserved the morning after at 5am CST.

TriMoter with FSD.
Sponsored

Dpargento

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I ordered within minutes of the live feed presentation ending and ended up with this, are we really saying over 45000 ordered in the first ten minutes? Even accounting for all the multiple glitch’s?

Tesla Cybertruck Post your Cybertruck preorder reservation number! A199CC42-BF8A-4E44-B5CF-15329C58994E

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3, LR AWD Cybertruck on order, 2020 Suburu Outback XT Limited
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
From “Market Watch”...

“ Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk has said that Tesla has about 250,000 deposits for the Cybertruck, and analysts at Morgan Stanley recently said they expect that roughly 40% of those deposits would turn into sales.”

Dpargento

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
From “Market Watch”...

“ Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk has said that Tesla has about 250,000 deposits for the Cybertruck, and analysts at Morgan Stanley recently said they expect that roughly 40% of those deposits would turn into sales.”
not sure what the publication date on that article is but there are people on this thread that are over 400000 down the reservation list. I know it was past midnight East coast time and my arthritic fingers don’t type so fast but did 40000 people really get ahead of me at the close of Musk talking?

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
From “Market Watch”...

Musk announced the 250k preorders on November 27 so it’s gotta be much higher than that by now. He hasn’t updated since though so we don’t know how many preorders as of now.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Musk announced the 250k preorders on November 27 so it’s gotta be much higher than that by now. He hasn’t updated since though so we don’t know how many preorders as of now.
Agreed. The figure that took me by surprise was the 40% or less conversion rate.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Agreed. The figure that took me by surprise was the 40% or less conversion rate.
Yes but who knows how accurate that is. Like the rest of the world, the analysts at Morgan Stanley have never seen a pickup design like this with these stats, pricing and package. So using all previous sales metrics/trends for other vehicles to predict the take rate for something so different just doesn’t seem like it’ll be accurate. I bet if you showed Morgan Stanley analysts photos of the Cybertruck before the reveal, they would have predicted a much lower pre-order number (heck, maybe even Tesla internally projected lower pre-order numbers than we’re seeing).

Point is, the Cybertruck is so revolutionary I’m not sure anyone can predict these things accurately.

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Yes. Clearly when I did it manually I failed to "borrow" when I should have done so. That aside, do we really think 400 K people have reserved?
I think so. But how many will buy? I don't know. I think a lot of people don't realize what it is like living day to day with something this big. Most garages are small. It's not any bigger than other trucks, they don't fit either.
My guess is a lot of the fans will buy, and then realize they want a model Y instead! So the used market may be interesting.
I used to own a full size Jimmy. But this is also long. That said, at this time it is likely i will complete the purchase depending on what happens between now and then. It is exciting though!

Nipomo

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 GMC Going for Tri-Motor
Occupation
Retired Financial Manager
Country flag
I will definitely complete the purchase. I'm happy the Trimotor will be available in 2021. I really look forward to the statistics that attach to it. I currently have a GMC Sierra 1500 crew cab Denali 4X4. It is not small. Luckily my "small" garage door is 9 feet wide and 10 feet high. Actually I keep my GMC in the barn, but will probable keep the Cybertruck in the garage. I have 220 plugs in both.

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I will definitely complete the purchase. I'm happy the Trimotor will be available in 2021. I really look forward to the statistics that attach to it. I currently have a GMC Sierra 1500 crew cab Denali 4X4. It is not small. Luckily my "small" garage door is 9 feet wide and 10 feet high. Actually I keep my GMC in the barn, but will probable keep the Cybertruck in the garage. I have 220 plugs in both.
Wish my garage was anywhere close to that. Is your GMC as long?

Nipomo

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 GMC Going for Tri-Motor
Occupation
Retired Financial Manager
Country flag
My GMC is 19 feet long and 6.2 feet wide. 5,300 #s, can tow 9,000 #s. It has the 6.1L engine. Hard to get passed too many gas stations. about 13 MPG

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
So about 3 inches shorter than the current Cybertruck, quite a bit narrower. Are you sure about the width?

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes but who knows how accurate that is. Like the rest of the world, the analysts at Morgan Stanley have never seen a pickup design like this with these stats, pricing and package. So using all previous sales metrics/trends for other vehicles to predict the take rate for something so different just doesn’t seem like it’ll be accurate. I bet if you showed Morgan Stanley analysts photos of the Cybertruck before the reveal, they would have predicted a much lower pre-order number (heck, maybe even Tesla internally projected lower pre-order numbers than we’re seeing).

Point is, the Cybertruck is so revolutionary I’m not sure anyone can predict these things accurately.
Of course, a forecast by definition is wrong. I was just surprised how much discounting folks are applying. I'm hoping it's true so I get my Cybertruck sooner, ha, ha, ha! :LOL:

K Doc Brown 007

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion & 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
Order # 112771xxx.... ordered immediately following release. Tri motor with FSD Excitedly patient.... Production 12/2021 to me means delivery estimate (East coast) of early 2023..... does that sound reasonable?
Sponsored