PowerShare issues preventing VIN and Delivery?

Futam84

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
So, this is a weird situation. Like many others, I’ve been watching a lot of VINs get assigned to orders/configurations (in states outside of the favored states of CA, TX, And FL) much later than mine of 1/3 (I know there are a lot of of in this category). I had read a few posts from those who received VINs pretty quickly after recent orders and they mentioned that they believed the progress that they made with the 3rd party PowerShare installers may have been responsible for their quick VINs.

I had originally received my email from Tesla that I was approved for PowerShare installation over a month ago, and that the assigned installer would be reaching out to me. I had never heard back, not realizing this wasn’t normal. So, last night I emailed the installer asking about how to move the process forward, hoping that this might somehow accelerate me getting a VIN 😊. The response I received (below) was concerning. Any chance this same error is holding up my VIN?

—————-
Hi Tom,
I just checked our partner portal with Tesla and don't see you listed. That is weird, since you did get this email. I will reach out to our team manager at Tesla and see what is going on and try to get you an update by EOD tomorrow.

Thank you,
Car Charging Pros
Sponsored

bongulous

First Name
Donk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra Elevation
Occupation
GC
Country flag
I received a different email than you I think for my approval:

Thank you for completing the Powershare Home Backup survey. Your order is eligible for Powershare Home Backup installation.

Once your delivery is scheduled, we will match you with a Tesla Certified Installer who will reach out to you to schedule a site visit. You will receive a follow-up email from Teslaonce you have been matched with an installer.

So looks like for me they’re waiting for my CT to come then they’ll connect me with an installer. Maybe you’re in the same boat where they’re waiting for delivery and then will connect you to an installer. Idk if that’s the norm or what. Feel like it’s a case by case type thing.

OP
OP

Futam84

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I received a different email than you I think for my approval:

Thank you for completing the Powershare Home Backup survey. Your order is eligible for Powershare Home Backup installation.

Once your delivery is scheduled, we will match you with a Tesla Certified Installer who will reach out to you to schedule a site visit. You will receive a follow-up email from Teslaonce you have been matched with an installer.

So looks like for me they’re waiting for my CT to come then they’ll connect me with an installer. Maybe you’re in the same boat where they’re waiting for delivery and then will connect you to an installer. Idk if that’s the norm or what. Feel like it’s a case by case type thing.

Strange, whereas your email says "Once your delivery is scheduled..." mine says "We matched you with a Tesla Certified Installer who will reach out to you to schedule a site visit. Their contact information is provided below."

Heaven help me. I don't care if monkeys come to visit me with a powershare as long as somebody brings a cybertruck with them!

bongulous

First Name
Donk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra Elevation
Occupation
GC
Country flag
Strange, whereas your email says "Once your delivery is scheduled..." mine says "We matched you with a Tesla Certified Installer who will reach out to you to schedule a site visit. Their contact information is provided below."

Heaven help me. I don't care if monkeys come to visit me with a powershare as long as somebody brings a cybertruck with them!
Interesting. I know there’s been a good amount of people who receiving their VINs soon after talking to an installer, not sure if that’s the norm or not. The way they do deliveries in the states outside CA TX and FL seem like they’re just pulling RN numbers out of a hat. But like I tell myself every day to help cope with the wait, we’ve waited already damn near 5 years, what’s another couple months!? (I’m still checking the app every day though lol)

TECH49

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MSP, MYP, DM Cybertruck, C8, Ram 1500
Country flag
I got a phone call to go over install questions before I got my VIN. As I assumed, having a generator automatically disqualifies the installation. The email confirming that asked me to choose between super charging credits and the $700 store credit. I chose the credit, and was advised the credit would come after I get my truck.

It would surprise me if they would do a PowerShare install before you've paid for and taken delivery of your truck.

Penukoko

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, reserved Cybertruck Tri Motor
Country flag
So, this is a weird situation. Like many others, I’ve been watching a lot of VINs get assigned to orders/configurations (in states outside of the favored states of CA, TX, And FL) much later than mine of 1/3 (I know there are a lot of of in this category). I had read a few posts from those who received VINs pretty quickly after recent orders and they mentioned that they believed the progress that they made with the 3rd party PowerShare installers may have been responsible for their quick VINs.

I had originally received my email from Tesla that I was approved for PowerShare installation over a month ago, and that the assigned installer would be reaching out to me. I had never heard back, not realizing this wasn’t normal. So, last night I emailed the installer asking about how to move the process forward, hoping that this might somehow accelerate me getting a VIN 😊. The response I received (below) was concerning. Any chance this same error is holding up my VIN?

—————-
Hi Tom,
I just checked our partner portal with Tesla and don't see you listed. That is weird, since you did get this email. I will reach out to our team manager at Tesla and see what is going on and try to get you an update by EOD tomorrow.

Thank you,
Car Charging Pros
I filled out my PowerShare survey back on 3/5 and never heard anything since submitting. Is that normal? Still no VIN, configured 2/29.

Zorro

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation Series
Occupation
Global Security
Country flag
This thread was a reminder for me to schedule my PowerShare install. 😂😂😂

OP
OP

Futam84

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I filled out my PowerShare survey back on 3/5 and never heard anything since submitting. Is that normal? Still no VIN, configured 2/29.
It took almost two months for me to hear back from Tesla that I had been assigned an installer after my original survey. Then I heard nothing back until I reached out to the installer directly.

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
Nothing happens until after delivery and truck has been payed for. If you were approved for PowerShare, details will be sent to the installer to contact you after your truck is home.

OP
OP

Futam84

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I haven’t received a VIN yet and the installer is now hounding me like crazy!😂😂😂

Gundo

First Name
Gundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S
Country flag
There is a LOT of misinformation in this thread.

You DON'T need truck to have Powershare installed.

And I do think it helps. Shows you're serious. Installer felt same way.

My scenario here in Connecticut:
RN 11279xxx
Invited to Configure 1/18/24
Configured 1/25/24
Powershare survey received and completed 2/3/24
Powershare approved 3/21/24
Site inspection 4/3/24
Quote recevied 4/11/24
Deposit placed 4/18/24 & install scheduled for 5/3/24

AND boom, my VIN got assigned yesterday 4/26/24 picking scheduled to pick up May 1 at Mount Kisco NY location.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Powershare nothing to do with. I don't even have an installer in my area yet I was approved for install and took delivery. No contact. 2 months free supercharging for no installer in area. Enjoying America's favorite road trip. Mine;)

GatorCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I got a quote, no VIN.
They were even nice enough to pad the already padded quote with a $500 travel charge for being 120 miles away.
What if they installed the powershare and I refused delivery?