Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Tesla model 3s and 2 Cybertruck reservations
Occupation
Smart Home Integration
Country flag
I'm trying to figure the rhyme or reason to the seemingly random RN order. Certainly Tesla is picking folks who live near TXGF or CA Design Studio so they'll be close by if there needs to be a hardware update, but I wonder if some of the jumping around is to get people who locked in the $7K FSD originally to in essence, pay a higher amount for FSD by bundling it in to an early release, take-it-or-leave-it package?

Has anyone who DIDN'T indicate FSD on their original reservation been invited to buy the Founder's Series? 🤔
I didn’t reserve FSD. I did reserve the tri motor tho
Sponsored

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
😭 My RN is 11275xxxx . I guess thats because you are in California :( Im willing to fly anywhere! Sad day for me, happy day for you! Hope they expand this list soon..

NicoL

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1994 Miata
Country flag
That means you clicked even later than those with RNs 112XXXXXX thru 115XXXXXX.

- ÆCIII
There is no way the Cybertruck has 4 million orders, especially in mid-late 2020

CyberT1

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016S,, 2022 X Plaid
Occupation
Regional sales Mgr
Country flag
What State are you in?

CyberT1

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016S,, 2022 X Plaid
Occupation
Regional sales Mgr
Country flag
I guess Erly reservation means nothing if you live on the east coast.

Trbizwiz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 RWD, Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
Damn, buzz killer. That’s it I’m changing my location to my corporate office in California.
Keep us posted how that works out. I don't want a foundation series. But as soon as they drop that, I'll be looking for a new "residence" in Austin, for my address. I am happy to fly in to town, and pick it up, and then drive home to FL. My local delivery center had one of the display models, so its safe to assume they will be one of the early service centers trained to service it. Since the had them on display in Tampa, Miami, and Orlando, FL may not be real far behind CA and TX for deliveries anyway.

JoeRod97

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro SS.Impala.BMW335i.HD Road King.Fatboy
Occupation
UPS driver..retired
Country flag
Not to steal your thunder, but *I* just got an offer for $1,000 off another model Tesla

Again
Took advantage of 1k off and bought model Y performance. Figure CT dual is still over a year away since im not falling for Foundation series crap

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Given this is Q4, be prepared to potentially take delivery by end of year. Tesla will want to realize as much revenue as they can before 2024.
Very true. I hope they hit their 1.8 million units goal. It’s rough out there with those interest rates. We need Tesla financing.

Sousray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 M3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hello, I received "Prepare for Delivery" email at 5:00am this morning. This will be my first Tesla, Does anyone know what the time frame is from this point? Thanks.

Reservation number: RN11278xxxx (reserved within first 5 minutes on concept reveal date - 11/21/19).

I got the Foundation Edition invite at 7:30Pm Friday (12/8/23). I accepted the AWD on Saturday morning and paid the $250.00. I completed the Registration info, loan info, etc on the Tesla app. This morning I got the email posted.

Cybertruck order prepare for delivery email.jpeg
Hmm! I wonder why I was not contacted yet. My RN # is 112745xxx which is below your reservation #. Maybe they are hitting up the Tri motor original order reservations. Mine was originally for the Dual motor version.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Hmm! I wonder why I was not contacted yet. My RN # is 112745xxx which is below your reservation #. Maybe they are hitting up the Tri motor original order reservations. Mine was originally for the Dual motor version.
Yeah, you are TX so would think you will receive an invite.

jb15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lr rwd
Country flag
Did everyone who configured get the prepare for delivery email? Received Saturday 5am

derichio02

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Maverick, Model 3
Country flag
Did everyone who configured get the prepare for delivery email? Received Saturday 5am
No I ordered the first day, Dual Motor, no emails or vin yet. I want to check insurance so anxiously waiting for a vin.

canyoncarver

First Name
Nunya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
There is no way the Cybertruck has 4 million orders, especially in mid-late 2020
It was $100 and IFIRC it was opened globally.

I'd say that domestically I will be surprised if 10% of the reservations actually convert to orders.

The vast majority of people rely on bank financing to make auto purchases and many times they have no money down or are even upside down on another car they purchased.

With no money down and a 72 month loan a dual motor CT is $1400 a month, plus insurance (which will probably be astronomical) plus electricity which will be 50% higher than a different Tesla vehicle for the same driving. Plus $350 a piece tires, etc.

So call it "all in" at $1600 or more a month.

How many people can even afford that?

Elon knows it's a problem too which is why he said the #1 priority with CT after production ramp is finding ways to make it more affordable for customers.
Sponsored