Price increase for the CyberTruck coming soon?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I noticed the same thing and backed out.

I was planning on doing the same thing this evening and backed out. The date on our confirmation should suffice to retain the $7,000 vs 8,000. My concern is by changing the motor configuration from dual to tri, will it kick me to the end of the queue?
I changed from dual to tri back in December and it didn’t change my order number, but it didn’t change my FSD option either (maybe it would have now?)
Sponsored

Deleted member 5322

Taken from Tesla website:
” Please note that changes to your order could impact delivery timing, insurance, and price.”
Looks like if you do any changes - they will change a price not only for the quantity of motors, also price FSD will be changed.
I edit my order from a single motor to Tri and did not touch FSD checkbox ( I ordered single motor with FSD) and it shows 8k for it.

carpedatum

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, R1200RT, 4285 Express
Country flag
It was made clear starting several months ago that the price was going up to 8,000 on July 1st. That you needed to select the check box to reserve it at 7000. Selecting it now does not mean you have to get it with your truck.
I _did_ select FSD with my initial reservation, at $7k. This is my current design, from the reservation I placed the morning after the reveal (when FSD was $7k).

Tesla Cybertruck Price increase for the CyberTruck coming soon? Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.01.34 AM

But when I drill through the "Edit Design" feature, I see

Tesla Cybertruck Price increase for the CyberTruck coming soon? Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.04.08 AM

I haven't changed a thing since my initial reservation, but the FSD that I chose at $7k is now listed at $8k, and I would wager that every single FSD reservation holder on this forum who drills in and looks is going to see the same thing. If your initial reservation had FSD at $7k, you're now going to see that it is $8k.

I'd like to think that this is just a web site error but without a readable copy of the original Order Agreement, I can't prove that. I reached out to Tesla about this but have no response so far.

I have read elsewhere that changing the requested configuration to a tri-motor won't change your reservation number, so theoretically does nothing to one's position in queue. My concern at this point is that it would further muddy the water with regard to what I should be paying for FSD.

I figure on working this out with Tesla Sales when the time comes. We'll see.

Youaregoldone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Cybertruck
Country flag
Well, nobody mentioned Tesla dropped price on models Y recently. Elon won't let us down...Have faith Musketeers!

bigrin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Honda Pilot, Lexus sc430
Occupation
Professional Investigator
Country flag

I was planning on doing the same thing this evening and backed out. The date on our confirmation should suffice to retain the $7,000 vs 8,000. My concern is by changing the motor configuration from dual to tri, will it kick me to the end of the queue?

bigrin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

I changed my reservation from a single to a dual and it did not change my place in the que.

bigrin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It was made clear starting several months ago that the price was going up to 8,000 on July 1st. That you needed to select the check box to reserve it at 7000. Selecting it now does not mean you have to get it with your truck.
Yes you are right. I checked the box to lock it in at 7K. Friends who are Tesla owners told me to do so, as it would guarantee no price increases if they went up.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I _did_ select FSD with my initial reservation, at $7k. This is my current design, from the reservation I placed the morning after the reveal (when FSD was $7k).

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.01.34 AM.png

But when I drill through the "Edit Design" feature, I see

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.04.08 AM.png

I haven't changed a thing since my initial reservation, but the FSD that I chose at $7k is now listed at $8k, and I would wager that every single FSD reservation holder on this forum who drills in and looks is going to see the same thing. If your initial reservation had FSD at $7k, you're now going to see that it is $8k.

I'd like to think that this is just a web site error but without a readable copy of the original Order Agreement, I can't prove that. I reached out to Tesla about this but have no response so far.

I have read elsewhere that changing the requested configuration to a tri-motor won't change your reservation number, so theoretically does nothing to one's position in queue. My concern at this point is that it would further muddy the water with regard to what I should be paying for FSD.

I figure on working this out with Tesla Sales when the time comes. We'll see.
,y position too.

Youaregoldone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Cybertruck
Country flag
I changed my reservation from a single to a dual and it did not change my place in the que.
...SAME HERE. Still holding my spot on line, when l upgraded my model of choice and furthermore, when l added the full self driving option .

bigrin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
...SAME HERE. Still holding my spot on line, when l upgraded my model of choice and furthermore, when l added the full self driving option .
Did you get locked into the 7K price for the self driving option? A friend of mine who owns two Tesla's advised me to get locked into the 7K price for self driving option to avoid any price increases for the option in the future. So I did, and my position never moved in the cue.

Youaregoldone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Cybertruck
Country flag
Did you get locked into the 7K price for the self driving option? A friend of mine who owns two Tesla's advised me to get locked into the 7K price for self driving option to avoid any price increases for the option in the future. So I did, and my position never moved in the cue.
I did too Cyberbrother.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
Your reservation numbers will not change with changes to configuration.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired Merchant Marine
Country flag
The $35,000 M3 was a Elon mistake. He promised all those people who had a reservation that they could buy a 35,000 car. First he delivered the more expensive ones and made everybody wait, or cancel or upgrade. That really made me mad. Yes you can buy one IF you know the process/trick, but come on, he made the decision not to sell them mass market. The first Model S cars had a price increase too. Now the bottom Model Y has been removed already. I fully expect that when the CyberTrucks roll out in 2023, that the single motor version will be deleted and the dual motor and tri motor will see price increases.
That's correct. I was one of those guys who wound up cancelling my M3 order and gave them $1000 cash... No $7500 tax refund either...their memory fogged up when I asked them twice if they could apply/roll over the ? toward my down payment toward the CyberTruck!!! I do not like doing business with Gen X'ers?
Sponsored