Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Update April 18, 2020

For those worried about the interior being shrunken too much, according to Musk (who just tweeted now), the production interior dimensions will be reduced "maybe 1.5%." But it will be "Still very roomy."

Original post April 16, 2020

Elon Musk has just shared that the production Cybertruck's size has been reduced by about 3% from the concept. Other changes include a center line that is more level, as well as a lower window sill height.

Musk tweeted: "Reduced size by ~3%, center line is more level & lower window sill height."

A 3% overall size reduction results in 7" inch shorter length. Previously (on Dec 7), Elon said:

"We can prob reduce width by an inch & maybe reduce length by 6+ inches without losing on utility or esthetics. Min height is below 75 inches when air suspension set to low. Will post exact number soon."

So it looks like Musk stuck to his initial estimates.

Sponsored

Last edited:

SEER

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, ZR-2, K3500 dually, Cybertruck
Country flag
“center line is more level”
I wonder what that means exactly...

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Foundation Series CyberBeast (Order Confirmed)
Occupation
Cybertruck Parts & Accessories Development
Country flag
A slight size reduction is no big deal, but tinkering with the original design by flattening the center line to near level does not sound like a great idea. The raked approach gives it a more sporty, "Lamborghini" look. Changing that could make the production Cybertruck look more like the childish caricatures we saw as memes all over the web. I'm glad this was only a $100 deposit.

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
A slight size reduction is no big deal, but tinkering with the original design by flattening the center line to near level does not sound like a great idea. The raked approach gives it a more sporty, "Lamborghini" look. Changing that could make the production Cybertruck look more like the childish caricatures we saw as memes all over the web. I'm glad this was only a $100 deposit.
To be fair, Musk didn't say "to near level."

He just said it's "more level" than the concept. It could be a imperceptible change for all we know.

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Foundation Series CyberBeast (Order Confirmed)
Occupation
Cybertruck Parts & Accessories Development
Country flag
To be fair, Musk didn't say "to near level."

He just said it's "more level" than the concept. It could be a imperceptible change for all we know.
My mistake, sorry. But still, why change what isn't broken? I can only hope that the changes are imperceptible as you suggested.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Added this to the first post:

A 3% overall size reduction results in 7" inch shorter length. Previously (on Dec 7), Elon said:

"We can prob reduce width by an inch & maybe reduce length by 6+ inches without losing on utility or esthetics. Min height is below 75 inches when air suspension set to low. Will post exact number soon."

cbbowlingmd

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Model X,63 Corvette,32 Buick Model 86 Victoria
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Cool. Can I have your spot in line (assuming you're ahead of me)?

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
This possible change does not look very good. I can't really tell if it's coming or going.

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 4.21.35 PM.png
Totally agree with you Hungedu. I'm starting to get concerned.

I think its great to reduce the length, (and the wheelbase) but keep the belt line raked.

Perhaps offer 2 varieties of Cybertruck as per disclaimer on the order page for a global Cybertruck version.
I really think a 208 inch long CT would be in high demand in Europe and Asia / Australia.

stumby

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P90D
Country flag
I think its great to reduce the length, (and the wheelbase) but keep the belt line raked.
He said center line, which doesn’t necessarily mean belt line. You can still level off the center line of the vehicle without changing the angle of the belt line. One has to do with engineering and the other is a design element.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
I have faith in Franz. He’ll ace the design.
Franz is a bit of a worry, especially when he thinks he's Conan and starts swinging sledge hammers everywhere.

But who knew pushing colouring pencils around all day can give you an arm like Schwarzenegger ;)

P.S Fraaaanz, when are you going to give me my Goldilocks Cybertruck ?
- 208 inch max length.
- Perhaps lean triangle sides further in, (more lamboesque)
- Perhaps steeper rake on the belt line. ( maybe even look something inbetween a pickup and a shooting brake )
- And if you really loved me, scissor doors and a sunroof.

Last edited:

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Elon Musk has just shared that the production Cybertruck's size has been reduced by about 3% from the concept. Other changes include a center line that is more level, as well as a lower window sill height.

Musk tweeted: "Reduced size by ~3%, center line is more level & lower window sill height."

Whoa! 7" shorter? Now this thing will fit in my garage! Fantastic. Regretfully, it also probably means my motorcycle won't fit in the vault. Bummers.
Sponsored