Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Maybe I am late to the party on this one...But, I was watching Ryan Shaw's video the other day. See clip. According to a suppler, the start date of production is going to be October 2nd of 2023. This could be a random date put into the spreadsheet as a placeholder, but it does support other rumors that have been going around about production starting late next year. So, according to the tracker, I was going to be getting my Christmas Eve on 2024, I guess I have to push that back another 10 months!

Just take what he says half true. I’ve been watching his YouTube videos for a year. It’s a hit and miss with him. 100% his opinions. He’s a great video editor with a excellent set up.
Sponsored

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
On the earnings call tonight there were a couple important pieces of information. Elon said it usually takes 9-12 months to get a line up to volume production levels. Elon also said that CT would be at volume production in '23. So hopefully this means limited production starting Jan 1 of 23, if not earlier.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Should we be expecting to see a new gigapress installed within the next few months?
Seems like we get a new one every 3-4 months and we are due. I’ve lost track of whether there are 3 or 4 installed now, it’ll be very interesting to see if the next one is the 8k Ton. I think they only need one 8k ton press for the rear end and can use a 6k Ton press for the front.

So maybe they just need the 8k Ton press and it’s due soon?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
We don't know how much machines they brought in, as mich of the factory hasn't been used yet and wasn't shown in the Cyber Rodeo.

Also, even if they did get the machines, they require crews to receive and install them, and it may be they wanted those workers on the Y line operations.

We just don't know, but there's no real signs yet of where they are. It's only April. And while the first Y gigacasting in Austin was eleven months ahead of production, it was only about eight months after their first machine in Fremont! And the first production-intent Model Ys were out and about 6 months ahead in Fremont, it was only 4 months at Austin.

So many variables.

We do see them working on the factory, tho. Those second floor deliveries at the south end are a good sign.

-Crissa
Sponsored