Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
This is just a quick announcement, probably not affected on all trucks...

I was on the road with the sun beating down from the side, and I had to move the visor to the side to block the Sun, when I gently pulled on the visor which magnetically should release from the center of the windshield area, the entire housing of the hazard light structure came down with it dangling.

I had to stop the truck and push it back in but it is not staying on. I will call Tesla service but this may affect you as well. Check that the hazard light structure area is firmly secured to the windshield.

Updated with photo:

feb_28_2024_11_10_32-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiborg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non tesla
Country flag
Can you take a picture, please?

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Can you take a picture, please?
Why can't you make a mental picture of the top section hanging?

Or is it that you want it to make a Social Media splash?

Kiborg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non tesla
Country flag
Want to add it to my delivery checklist. Won’t be soon though

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
Not sure if it’s the same area of the truck but when me and another member here that already got his truck were in the Irvine store and inside a CT the entire casing where the gears (DRNP) are located came down and was dangling. We snapped it right back in no problem.

Shygar

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Cybertruck, Powerwalls/Solar
Country flag
I have pulled my visor off the magnet many times so far and haven't noticed this issue. Hopefully not a design issue and you just got unlucky with this part.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Interesting, not the way I had it pictured in my mind. I guess the magnets need to be strong enough to hold the visor, but if not secured that whole piece can come off. Keep us posted on how the fix goes.

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I got this problem too!

The overhead control console is held up by 2 white retaining clips that snap into the holding frame attached the the windshield. That retaining frame appears to have the holes for the white clips a bit warped out causing the clips not have enough grip. I dont know if the mounting frame was defective or warped later. At least that's my theory.

Because I have my windshield tinted and don't want to risk damaging it by repairs, I will wait on reporting this to see what's the fix. I hope it will be just new clips

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
I can confirm that this happened to me as well.

I'm considering taking out at least the drivers side sub visor. Not sure why it has to permanently block the glass. It should have folded without obscuring the glass just like in the x.

TESLouwhoA

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Red MYLR, 2023 Blue MYLR, 2024 CT(02/29/24)
Country flag
Ours was hanging down at delivery in Jax FL. Would not stay up - service tech took back into service area to examine and was able to adjust clips so they would hold. Stated the clips needed to be opened wider to latch. No repeat issue to date.

Cboy7

First Name
Cboy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I got this problem too!

The overhead control console is held up by 2 white retaining clips that snap into the holding frame attached the the windshield. That retaining frame appears to have the holes for the white clips a bit warped out causing the clips not have enough grip. I dont know if the mounting frame was defective or warped later. At least that's my theory.

Because I have my windshield tinted and don't want to risk damaging it by repairs, I will wait on reporting this to see what's the fix. I hope it will be just new clips
didnt the tint guys remove this part and possibly not reattach it correctly?

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I've never inquired the tint guys, but dont think so because service guys who fixed it told me it was an assembly issue.

In order to fix it, the mounting "frame" needed to be adjusted and secured properly which required the the internal passenger side trim of the entire truck to be removed. Quite a bit of work but they fixed it and the overhead console now stays securely in place
Sponsored