Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I think the only people who are in reasonable shape are those who ordered the tri motor as the duel now has the same mileage for a lot less expense. The tri really doesn't make sense just to go under 2.7 0-60 for so much more money. The vast majority will be switching to the duel and some of the duels will be switching to single motor, but RWD off road or in the snow really sucks.
Sponsored

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
Insurance cost scares me. I'm not even going to look into it until it's time to sign the dotted line, just to keep the dream alive as long as I can.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I have watched several road tests of the Cyber Truck, and with each, I become more convinced that Tesla has put so much technology into this truck to the point that it has driven the price up due to all the features. These are way more than the competitors. Drive by wire, electric bed cover, incredible turn-to-lock steering ratio, FSD, front camera, and many more.
I don't see how your claim makes sense. Maybe you can support it with a competitors truck that you think offers more for less. Please include basic specs and pricing. Don't forget the powered, lockable vault and handling and manueverability advantages of all wheel steering.

Maybe if you just want the cheapest truck that can get the job done and you don't care about actually liking the way the truck drives and handles, safety is not a concern, and lack of maneuverability is something you will put up with to save a few bucks, maybe then you could make the case the F-150 is cheaper, but I could never ignore so many compelling advantages for a minimal, if any, savings.
Sponsored