Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
The first time I actually sat inside a Model 3 was the day I took delivery of mine.
Know the feeling. I've never driven an Electric Car. Australian CT delivery set for Christmas Day 2025 .... BLOODY GOOD to drive one. Pure GUESSING

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Know the feeling. I've never driven an Electric Car. Australian CT delivery set for Christmas Day 2025 .... BLOODY GOOD to drive one. Pure GUESSING
I had ridden in the GM EV1 back in the day and an occasional electric golf cart.
But I hadn't driven an EV till 2 weeks ago when I was in Los Angeles and rented a M3 on Turo for the week.

There is certainly an adjustment period. I didn't get fully adjusted even by the end of the week. But there were so many things to love about the experience that I am not at all worried about the CT. If anything, I was reminded of why I drive a minivan now. Getting in and out of the M3 was just way too difficult because I was seated too low. At one charging session though I met a guy who was driving a MY and he let me sit in it. At that height everything was just about perfect for me.

As a Turo experience, I didn't have the vehicle in my Telsa app (just used a valet key card) so there were some things I didn't get to explore but overall the experience was wonderful. Really solidified my mindset that from now on every vehicle I buy will be Tesla. At least till any other automakers can create something at least as compelling as a M3.

But I still feel the acceleration and handling even as I sit here in my office chair.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I bought a Starlink kit for my mother-in-law. I was impressed with the kit, and with the additional kits I ordered for the masonry install. Impressed me that they didn't do business the way everyone else does. Sr I rented a M3 in Hawaii when I was there for work. Same story. It was different, and in an impressively good way. So a month later, I rented a MY and drove to Las Vegas instead of flying. Experienced supercharging and autopilot. Even more impressed. Played more with performance, again, impressive. Rented one again and again. Every time I liked them more. I'm flying out this week, and can't rent a Tesla where I'm going, now I'm disappointed! I've started paying attention to how Tesla is doing things different from everyone else. And it's consistently better than everyone else. Color me sold.
Sponsored