Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Nissan Titan, 2019 Volvo XC40
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
went and spoke to Telsa dealership today about the the down payment will go towards the cost of the Range Extender, and of now they are not sure of the price, so the 16,000.00 is just an estimate. So what ever the price of the extender minus the down payment will be what you pay. Decide not to go with the extender.
As for Washington state there is no tax credit program for the Cybertruck.
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Just because the torn down battery pack appears to have some extra space, does not mean it could double the range. More batteries would add cost, weight, and require changes to the cooling and pack design to achieve the same 800V architecture. The range extender prob seemed like a better short term solution. Separate enclosed, creates a new product that the people who want to tow and go long distance can purchase but the rest who are happy with 300 miles don’t have to haul around mostly unused.
That's it, that's why the extra room!
When charging, the have to halve the battery and fold it over so that it will charge at 400V!!!

OP
OP
Retired Jarhead
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
EST. $16,000
RANGE EXTENDER
- 440+ TOTAL MI. RANGE (EST.)
• REQUIRES INSTALLATION AT A TESLA
SERVICE CENTER
- PRODUCTION PLANNED TO BEGIN IN LATE 2024
- PRIORITY INSTALLATION RESERVE TODAY
$500
Non-refundable reservation deposit

is the EST. $16,000 price I will have to pay to have it installed or are they saying this is the estimated cost of extender and putting the 500.00 deposit down is all that I am going to have to pay?

I went and spoke to Telsa dealership today about the the down payment will go towards the cost of the Range Extender, and they are not sure of the price, so the 16,000.00 is just an estimate. So what ever the price of the extender minus the down payment will be what you pay. Decide not to go with the extender.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
I went and spoke to Telsa dealership today about the the down payment will go towards the cost of the Range Extender, and they are not sure of the price, so the 16,000.00 is just an estimate. So what ever the price of the extender minus the down payment will be what you pay. Decide not to go with the extender.
Likely a smart decision.
Did they say if the range extender will ever exist? Does not look like it with the discovery of all the pack room inside the battery housing.

OP
OP
Retired Jarhead
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Likely a smart decision.
Did they say if the range extender will ever exist? Does not look like it with the discovery of all the pack room inside the battery housing.

no they didn't. I am sure they didnt know much about it.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Likely a smart decision.
Why would you think that they have any idea?

They usually learn everything they know from reading the forums. They have no "insider information"

Or to look at it another way, if they had insider information, don't you think that it would leak to the forums?

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
I just drove a MX LR+ from TX to SoCal (actually FSD drove 99.9%) and for several stops along the way a particular Founders AWD CT was matching me for approx charge times and range.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
That's not really Tesla's recommendations. About the only think that they say is to charge to 80% max for daily charging.

100% charge is allowed and recommended for trips or anytime that you need it. It will not hurt the battery, even if left there for days.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I have no idea why regen comes into the conversation. No regen is an expected and common behavior. And it even can occur if the battery is at 80%. And by the way, regen doesn't necessarily get turned off, it much more commonly reduced.

And no, you don't get warnings about letting the car get below certain percentages when you live in a cold climate.
You get it when the car is in the cold. If it is in a garage, it's a different story.
And in a warm climate I get a warning on a really low battery that I should charge, especially if parking overnight.

But NONE of that has any impact to my statement. It is perfectly fine to take the battery up to 100% and down to nearly 0%.

Show me anything in the manual that suggests otherwise.
Sponsored