Rivian R1S reviews are very positive

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Funny how some of these reviewers fail to mention that Tesla brought two 3-row SUVs to the market first and they seem to conveniently forget that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
.. begin rant ..

EV “Reviews” that do not include actual range tests and charging times are completely worthless.

Lots of hand wavy assumptions based on quoted battery life and charging estimates from the maker, but almost nobody actually verifies charging speed. Considering how many cars are absolutely terrible at this extremely basic function, omitting this makes a “Review” little more than an advertising opportunity for the various makers.

Reviewers **NEED TO** drive the cars enough to get a good idea of how close to quoted range the car gets at highway speed. Without some kind of consistent estimates of how quickly you can add 200 miles range from a baseline (for example 5% SOC), I don’t think it should even be called a review.

.. end rant ..

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
All the housewives of Orange County are going to want these!!!

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Cant wait for mine. Charge time is irrelevant as it will always charge from my home. Gonna be an incredible off roader

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
.. begin rant ..

EV “Reviews” that do not include actual range tests and charging times are completely worthless.

Lots of hand wavy assumptions based on quoted battery life and charging estimates from the maker, but almost nobody actually verifies charging speed. Considering how many cars are absolutely terrible at this extremely basic function, omitting this makes a “Review” little more than an advertising opportunity for the various makers.

Reviewers **NEED TO** drive the cars enough to get a good idea of how close to quoted range the car gets at highway speed. Without some kind of consistent estimates of how quickly you can add 200 miles range from a baseline (for example 5% SOC), I don’t think it should even be called a review.

.. end rant ..
I'm not sure how they can, with how unreliable some charging networks are.

-Crissa

TechOps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, ex-Model S
Country flag
Funny how some of these reviewers fail to mention that Tesla brought two 3-row SUVs to the market first and they seem to conveniently forget that. :rolleyes:
Having driven a Model X around quite a bit, I would consider it more of a 3-row minivan than an SUV. And as the owner of a Model Y, the 7 seater doesn't really count.. 3rd row is only for very small children or babies.