Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Telsa Model 3 Standard Range+ Extra Supermega
Occupation
IT
Country flag
REM ask Elon’s attorneys lol
I don’t know lol
Maybe they envisioned one rn number swapping with another that’s not quite ready or a family member dying and the family being able to take the reservation…..why do u care?
I was going to have my plates LvElon but my husband said no…..I have 2 RNs and my nephew IF ELON says Mashanda don’t sell ur reservation number I won’t. Otherwise I’m starting a bidding site for the 2M people below us and others to come.
No Resellers; Discontinuation; Cancellation.
Tesla and its affiliates sell cars directly to end-consumers, and we may
unilaterally cancel any order that we believe has been made with a view toward resale of the Vehicle or that has otherwise
been made in bad faith, and we’ll keep your Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee. This includes orders for
which a third-party is facilitating or brokering the sale, or if the vehicles are to be exported to somewhere other than
where you tell us you will be registering the Vehicle. We may also cancel your order and refund your Order Fee, Order
Deposit and Transportation Fee if we discontinue or never release a product, feature or option after the time you place
your order. We work to fulfill your order as quickly as we can. If you become unresponsive to us or fail to complete a
requested action to progress towards delivery of your Vehicle, we may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee, Order
Deposit and Transportation Fee. Alternatively, Tesla may give you the option to reconfigure your Vehicle at the current
pricing.

I swear man, no one ever reads the lawyer lingo lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
NoGasTx

NoGasTx

First Name
Mashanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Cybertruck waitlist
Country flag
Can you transfer your Tesla reservation?
Yes, it is possible to transfer your Tesla reservation. But before I show you how, the following are a few things that you need to know before transferring a Tesla reservation:
  • According to Tesla’s policy, you are not allowed to sell your reservation. You can only transfer your reservation to a close family member, such as your spouse.
  • If you have a history of selling your Tesla with low or little mileage or have many orders (previous and current) then you may end up getting banned by Tesla.
That means your current orders will also be canceled and you will not be able to buy a Tesla in the future because the Tesla loss prevention team has labeled you as a reseller.

https://evsguy.com/how-to-transfer-tesla-reservation/
Thanks Cybertruck narc lol

lowtek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid
Occupation
I do things.
Country flag
Can you transfer your Tesla reservation?
Yes, it is possible to transfer your Tesla reservation. But before I show you how, the following are a few things that you need to know before transferring a Tesla reservation:
  • According to Tesla’s policy, you are not allowed to sell your reservation. You can only transfer your reservation to a close family member, such as your spouse.
  • If you have a history of selling your Tesla with low or little mileage or have many orders (previous and current) then you may end up getting banned by Tesla.
That means your current orders will also be canceled and you will not be able to buy a Tesla in the future because the Tesla loss prevention team has labeled you as a reseller.

https://evsguy.com/how-to-transfer-tesla-reservation/
So all I have to do is marry somebody? I mean, I've done more for less ... just sayin'

VC-WA-CT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Sienna, Plan to buy Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired Teacher
Country flag
Since we are getting into finer legal issues, I am wondering about a couple of things.

I am waiting at a million and a half back. I also am on the verge of being in my 70s. Does anyone have any idea of what might happen in any of the following scenarios:

1) If I pass away prior to my reservation being reached in the queue, would the executor of my estate be able to purchase the car? Would that depend upon the executor being a close relative? Could the executor assign the reservation to a relative?

2) If I purchase the truck and pass away shortly thereafter, is the executor of my estate allowed to sell the vehicle as part of the liquidation of the estate? Is the executor only allowed to sell it back to Tesla or would the executor have to wait for a calendar year to pass prior to selling it to someone else.

Thanks

JakeD

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
There is a reselling clause, but you can transfer your reservation number because you haven’t actually bought the Cybertruck yet if it’s just a reservation number. 100% allowed.
Hello, I have several day one reservations. And have already configured my foundation series. The original intent was to transfer to my brothers.

I just called Tesla, (1-4-2024). They said nope. no transfers at all. They said, they are also not allowing more than one vin per person.

I imagine that is the case now...but would change.

hmmm

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
This is right up there with ticket scalpers.
There's s couple of folks that might make some money,
And transferring it? Everyone know what's happening.

There's thousands that get screwed.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
There is a reselling clause, but you can transfer your reservation number because you haven’t actually bought the Cybertruck yet if it’s just a reservation number. 100% allowed.
Better look at that agreement that came with the reservation- I think it says that it is not transferable.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
No Resellers; Discontinuation; Cancellation.
Tesla and its affiliates sell cars directly to end-consumers, and we may
unilaterally cancel any order that we believe has been made with a view toward resale of the Vehicle or that has otherwise
been made in bad faith, and we’ll keep your Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee. This includes orders for
which a third-party is facilitating or brokering the sale, or if the vehicles are to be exported to somewhere other than
where you tell us you will be registering the Vehicle. We may also cancel your order and refund your Order Fee, Order
Deposit and Transportation Fee if we discontinue or never release a product, feature or option after the time you place
your order. We work to fulfill your order as quickly as we can. If you become unresponsive to us or fail to complete a
requested action to progress towards delivery of your Vehicle, we may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee, Order
Deposit and Transportation Fee. Alternatively, Tesla may give you the option to reconfigure your Vehicle at the current
pricing.

I swear man, no one ever reads the lawyer lingo lol
Except that this discussion / topic is far from new.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Better look at that agreement that came with the reservation- I think it says that it is not transferable.
I think the reservation is non-transferable, without permission of Tesla, but death might be a special circumstance.

I think a Tesla account is also non-transferable but, again, death might be a special circumstance.
Sponsored