HBCybertruck

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance
Country flag
Picked up truck today in Irvine- currently own two Model Ys so familiar with Tesla.

Associate was friendly but during walkthrough and set up truck had a warning on dash for service & alignment. He called techs in back and said it was an all day job and I could leave the truck and pick up later or take now and schedule 🙄.

Then during walk around I noticed a significantly wavy panel drivers side rear. The truck next to it was perfect with no waves so I know full well it was rough. I was so frustrated to have waited 4 years plus and get this far to have my truck look like this. I called the wife and took a deep breath to hear her thoughts. The waves cannot be felt and only seen at angle but they’re extremely obvious.

I told the tech I wouldn’t accept delivery and he was understanding and said if my VIN was released it’s unknown when I would come back to assignment / delivery - after 30 minutes of me waffling back and forth I decided to accept delivery of a wavy truck needing alignment.

Knowing I’ll be wrapping the truck the waves will be a non issue but delivering a 100k truck with a visible service alert needing alignment is insane to me. I can feel it pulling slightly to the left and will get it handled ASAP.

No panel gaps at all, all accessories were with the truck and it drives really well with the SBW. Wheel feels small but I anticipate I will get used to it. The air ride suspension is night and day from the Model Y Performance and a welcomed change- stoked to have the truck but today dampened my excitement and that says a lot considering how much I’ve hyped today up.

Cheers 🍻

Tesla Cybertruck Rough delivery IMG_0391
Sponsored

Longranger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GTI
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It is hard to imagine that cosmetic defect being missed at the factory. Once the vehicle arrives at the service center/showroom not much they an do. Unacceptable position to put a customer and their staff in.

At very least Tesla should make every effort to get you a more acceptable CT ASAP. Punishing customers for noticing obvious defects is no way to run a company. The fact that CT customers have waited 4+ years and paid 100k plus adds insult to injury.

Any excuses fanboys and apologists can make are just that. No vehicle is perfect. Any of us can find imperfections by looking close enough but problems like this one are avoidable. What makes this painful is price, insensitivity, arrogance and a general attitude that the Tesla name and tech make it all worth it. Not buying it.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Just create a service request. They are normally happy to remediate any issues. Just may take a little time to get the parts.

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR x2, 2024 FS AWD (on 05/30/2024)
Country flag
Just create a service request. They are normally happy to remediate any issues. Just may take a little time to get the parts.
This!!

I would've taken delivery of that without question. I'd just have them write up a Due Bill and/or schedule service in the App.

Yes, it shouldn't be that way.

Enjoy your CT, OP!!

cyberville

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast Ordered
Country flag
Tough....I think you made the right choice in accepting the CT. A response from Tesla with a satisfactory fix along with an ETA and this bump fades quickly. Congrats! (y)

Ballsamic VINegar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The thing is the truck is in such high demand that if you didn't take it, they'd just give it to someone else. So there's no incentive to send these trucks back to the factory even though they have visible defects.

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
Tough....I think you made the right choice in accepting the CT. A response from Tesla with a satisfactory fix along with an ETA and this bump fades quickly. Congrats! (y)
I agree with this point of view given the circumstances.

After these trucks have been out driving around for five or ten years I am certain there will be many wavy lines on them. Given the panels are flat any slight thing will show up this way. But this is a new car so yeah, lets get it 99.9% right to start with.

OP
OP
HBCybertruck

HBCybertruck

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance
Country flag
Thanks for the responses - Small update…

Drove all around today including grabbing my kids from school- despite being in Orange County where these rigs aren’t super rare, a flock of kids ran up screaming to see the truck. I let them climb all over the insides and bed and they thought it was the coolest thing ever which was rad.

Glad I took delivery and looking forward to proper alignment and FSD 👊🏼
Sponsored