g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
From consumer reports "To be certified for sale, every new model sold in the U.S. must be crash-tested internally to ensure minimum federal safety standards are met. But a publicly available rating isn’t required."

So internal testing to meet federal safety standards is a requirement but the there are a good number of vehicles that are not crash tested by NTSA or other international governing bodies (who knew? :) ). NITSA safety ratings are on the window sticker of every new car sold in the US and those ratings do influence buyer decision making.

Tesla prides themselves in very high vehicle safety scores and although they may crash test internally, that would only be to ensure a 5 star NITSA rating can be achieved. So as others have stated, if additional CyberTruck preproduction units are produced, they will likely not be for resale.

It is my belief that the CyberTruck will be a very safe vehicle for occupants. It might be a different story for pedestrians and other vehicles that accident encounter the CT.
NHTSA - National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (but people do pronounce it NITSA).

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Thank you. I did not understand why the thread was started. I thought this site was for end users who were looking forward to getting their trucks. Looking forward to the post that says they are in production! ;)
Excited about the semis!! Can’t wait to see them on the road! It is wonderful to see all the new electric cars on the road and know we are working toward cleaner air for everyone. As a Tesla shareholder, I am thrilled that Elon changed the whole car market from diesel/gas to electric. That was quite an achievement and he did it single-handedly. I don’t have any problem with what he was paid (as long as he doesn’t retire…lol).
This site is for future Cybertruck owners and anyone interested in Cybertrucks, and that includes anything related to their design, features, performance, accessories, production, testing, delivery, and a whole lot more :)

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
With HW4, it should be the safest vehicle on the road bar none.

Lots of media hype will suggest otherwise, but the brain which powers FSD is the safety system in every Tesla and it is extremely good at avoiding collisions.
With V11 wide release by end of this year, I expect a tidal wave of major FUD to hit the media. I expect a relentless attack.

There is usually a wave of dampening associated with any positive Tesla news, but this one will be 'special'.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
With V11 wide release by end of this year, I expect a tidal wave of major FUD to hit the media. I expect a relentless attack.

There is usually a wave of dampening associated with any positive Tesla news, but this one will be 'special'.
Very possible.

The problem is there have been (AFAIK) no significant accidents which involved FSD. I don’t think a single one. Aside from Damn O’Clown‘s obnoxious rigged videos, it’s been super quiet lately.

I have heard some grumbling about AutoPilot and/ or FSD ruthlessly running down motorcyclists, but even that has really gotten nowhere.

They just don’t have a ton of ammunition to load their guns with.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Maybe waiting to see the whites of our eyes.

But I'm hoping this new animal legal team has stemmed the flow.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Elon should be taking possession of his Beta Cybertruck by Semi delivery day, December 1st. Will he reveal the production Cybertruck in Sparks, Nevada?

Last edited:

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
NHTSA - National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (but people do pronounce it NITSA).
I'm sorry but I'm an American and we reserve the right to have it our way. For me, it'll always be (as it should) the National Transportation Safety Administration. So much cleaner and to the point (although NUTSA has a certain ring of truth to it).

Happy Thanksgiving everyone ... :)

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Celestiq is their hand built 1/ day or something like that car.

They think someone is going to pay $300k for a GM built car.
They can’t make enough of the C8 Z07 corvettes at up to $205k and theres a hyrbid version coming at $240k that will sell out instantly.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
They can’t make enough of the C8 Z07 corvettes at up to $205k and theres a hyrbid version coming at $240k that will sell out instantly.
The Vette is their flagship and has been for decades. It has a special place, they are collectible and there is a ton of sentimental value there. I don’t thing this Cadillac is anywhere close to that cache.
Sponsored