Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
How about some rumors and speculation...it's Friday right? ?

Tesla Cybertruck Rumor: CT's spotted on their way to cold weather testing site 1620399610012

We know fremont is working on getting the preliminary line set up. Sans the casting, i could see this as being feasible, right?!
Sponsored

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Well, the average temperature in Fairbanks in May is a high of 64 degrees and a low of 38 degrees (F), so they are hopefully not doing cold weather testing.

OP
OP
VolklKatana

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Anyone else find it odd they're sending the trucks to the cold weather testing site this time of year? According to my google search, Fairbanks Alaska won't even start seeing below freezing temperatures until end of September. I guess they could be doing warm weather testing there. Maybe because it's more secluded so they can test without people sneaking pictures etc. ?

OP
OP
VolklKatana

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Anyone else find it odd they're sending the trucks to the cold weather testing site this time of year? According to my google search, Fairbanks Alaska won't even start seeing below freezing temperatures until end of September. I guess they could be doing warm weather testing there. Maybe because it's more secluded so they can test without people sneaking pictures etc. ?
this is what i am thinking too....based on that article i posted, its way off the beaten path....my easier to do testing there than to do it in Cali where there is always prying eyes.

so, who here lives near fairbanks? :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
VolklKatana

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
i think i found 'where' it is....not that it does us any good. the article said a large oval and infield pad....plus the pictures show a hill climb area, which this has as well...its near a military base so that lends itself to being secure too...
https://goo.gl/maps/2LsLrFy6o4WAqMqx7

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Thank you for doing exactly the kind of thing I go on this Forum looking to see. Even though it's only a rumor, it's what I would hope Tesla would be doing. That is building Cybertrucks for testing and testing them.
I went on Google Earth and checked out that location and you're right. It doesn't have to be for winter testing only. This place has all the markings of a auto manufacturer test facility.

OP
OP
VolklKatana

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Thank you for doing exactly the kind of thing I go on this Forum looking to see. Even though it's only a rumor, it's what I would hope Tesla would be doing. That is building Cybertrucks for testing and testing them.
I went on Google Earth and checked out that location and you're right. It doesn't have to be for winter testing only. This place has all the markings of a auto manufacturer test facility.
the most interesting thing i noticed is that fort greely's boarders have a cutout that appears to go right through or around this facility. Nobody is getting in, out, or getting a drone in or out, without them knowing about it. makes you wonder what other companies have secure locations like this, basically inside a military base?!

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
IF any of this is true, the connection to .mil is driving. The exercise is not in alignment, too costly and too weird to test civilian acceptance on military range.

The electric motor spec could be a critical procurement item needing verification with intended application. Maaaybe…
Sponsored