O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, looks pretty good from a distance.

But here's the thing: I don't think the Cybertruck is beautiful because I like the way it looks, I think it's beautiful because I like the way it's built and engineered. Form follows function.

This monstrosity is bolted on top of a legacy body on frame Sequoia. And that fact bothers me more than the fact that it's necessary to turn a key to start an ICE engine to make it go. Even if it had a state-of-the-art EV drivetrain, I could not like this truck. The chassis is antiquated and it's going to drive like it's antiquated. with all the built-in limitations.

Sometimes the parts you can't see are more important than those you can! This is the lesson legacy auto never really took to heart and why I've had a dim view of mass-produced cars until Tesla came along and changed the rules. Not only are cars about to become significantly cheaper for what you get, they are going to become much more capable and durable. By 2030 you won't even be able to recognize the auto industry.

That said, kudos to the people that did the hard work to make such a visually convincing counterfeit!
yea....always whats on the inside