Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
I fully understand their commitment and belief that the company will see its biggest growth from robotaxis and robots, or even their desire to just focus on building a lot more Model Ys to keep up with demand.

The thing is, the robotaxi and robot teams are independent and most likely not taking resources from the CT team, or slowing down it’s development. However, I think they would like version 1 of the CT to have the latest computing platform, so AI progress is yet another reason for the delay. One could argue that they could use the same platform as the current models, and put the new hardware in a future model year.

As for redirecting resources to building more “Bird in the Hand” Model Ys vs the potential “Two in the Bush”… having a product in the single biggest selling vehicle category, a pickup truck. That’s a tough call. With well over a million reservations (not to mention all those deposits), they clearly would’ve had a stronger reason to speed things up and start filling those 1.2 million+ orders sooner if they were to actually reach the market first.

I’m still optimistic that we’ll see some of these hit the market within the next year. It won’t be the first, but they can use that time to make it the best, and raise the bar for others to follow.
Sponsored

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
It's been two years,, two months, eight days since the reveal.

The proposed first shipping was 2021. It's only a month late so far.

No one has waited three years yet. Unless you started counting long before the reveal.

-Crissa
Seems like thirty

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag
I've ordered an F150 and am confident it will be a couple of years old before my Cybertruck arrives....
Damn that's hardcore... Once you see what the Ford will actually cost configured, if they can even build them, and how half assed their EV tech is you'll be dying to come back to Tesla. :ROFLMAO:

No doubt Elon shoots himself in the foot putting out too much info and ideas in their infancy, but IMO what Tesla is doing is much bigger than just another product release.

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag
I fully understand their commitment and belief that the company will see its biggest growth from robotaxis and robots....
I don't....even as a Tesla owner and shareholder. Basically two people have ever driven my car going on 4-years now, and I have ZERO interest in my car ever being part of any "Robotaxi" fleet.

Tesla builds great cars and SUV's, top tech and performance and he should just let owners and the market dictate the demand and direction IMO. I drove my car with no driver aids for over a year, then added AP, then upgraded to HW3 and tried "FSD" as a subscriber for several months, and for me and my style of driving and usage I'll never be team FSD.

Last edited:

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Seems like thirty
I believe the Pandemic has a small part of the blame here when it comes to our perception of time. Things that happened last month feel like they were two years ago. Things that happened two years ago seem like yesterday. I feel like the pandemic started not that long ago, and an eternity ago all at the same time.

On reveal day they said they were shooting for November 2021. I expected in that time I’d have saved enough to buy it and have my charging station installed. But now that time has come and gone I have not even looked into getting a charging station installed. :)

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
... drove my car with no driver aids for over a year, then added AP, then upgraded to HW3 and tried "FSD" as a subscriber for several months, and for me and my style of driving and usage I'll never be team FSD.
I have the same opinion. Right now, the level of automation that I want is essentially for safety interventions. I like to drive, but I can't anticipate every possible accident. I love the fact that there are at least 6 cameras continuously looking out for problems and that their technology can take control if needed to try to save lives.

I don't need to tell my car to take me to the store while I read the newspaper, but I do want a car that will save my life when something unexpected happens.

I witnessed it firsthand when a car blew a red light and hit the car to my left. My car sensed the collision, hit the accelerator and turned the wheel sharply to the right before I even noticed the situation. I ended up with a minor scrape on some plastic trim instead of smashing the entire left side of my car.
Sponsored