Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma 4x4, 2015 Super Tenere
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Country flag
Just as the title says I am keeping my CybrTrk reservation secret for now.
Only my wife and kids know. Other family, friends and coworkers don't know. Why am I keeping it a secret you might ask? Well let me explain.

I live in a pretty small town where everyone knows your business. We have 1 place to charge EV's that has 2 parking spots so other than that you are on your own for charging your EV. I am most certain that I will be the one and only TCT owner in this town for awhile. People around here love their ICE trucks and bad mouth EV's to no end. I personally don't have the time or energy to constantly defend my decision to pre-order the Cybertruck. I have no doubt Tesla will deliver everything they have promised and when the time comes I will prove everyone wrong live and in person vs internet hype and claims for the next 2 years. My bother for example saw the Tesla and F150 tugawar and laughed that he would drag the Cybertruck around. I don't want to hear that for the next two years, but will get great pleasure taking his truck for a backwards trip down shame lane then walk away the bigger man not rubbing it in his face all the time.

How many others have the same knuckleheads around them?
Sponsored

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I am in the same situation. I have talked to my family about it however I am not out telling the world yet. I want it to be a surprise and shock. I do struggle with not having anyone to talk to and take it out on this forum.

Tesla Cybertruck Secret CybrTrk reservation holder 2022-tesla-cybertruck-texas-factory

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
I hope you both got the three motor, or in the very least the two motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

UpToNoGood

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma 4x4, 2015 Super Tenere
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Country flag
I have the 2 motor on order, but might upgrade to the 3 motor when the time comes. It all depends on how things work out this year.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I have the tri motor on order. I need the range.

Dan Truax

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No Tesla Yet
Country flag
It is ugly, who cares, I'm a cheapo, the truck will pay for itself just like my 2006 Toyota Tacoma did years ago and is still running well.

Last edited by a moderator:

YeahYeahYeah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tundra(sold),02 Subaru Outback,1967 Fastback
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I don't think Cybertruck is ugly, maybe new and different? but it looks the way it looks for a reason. There are so many cool features to CT, like it paying for itself over time. The people bad mouthing CT are fickle and narrowminded. They believe "their" truck is the best, they buy stupid looking vehicles like cubes and boxes and think they're works of art. Their vehicles aren't all that. They're the same people who kept their flip phones for 10 years because they were too dumb/lazy to learn a new "smartphone" . Their vehicles are a reflection of them, just loud and stupid. Most of these loudmouth types don't even read magazines, let alone entire books. They remind me of Biff in "Back to the Future".

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
I also thought I wouldn't tell anyone. Didn't even tell my wife initially because I wasn't sure what she thought of it. I debated a full week before ordering and when I did I told her and she said 'Oh good, I was kind of disappointed you didn't order right away'. I've got family who are rig pigs and heavy duty mechanics and I can't wait to show up in their driveways with the CT.
When you've got a product that is superior in every way the hard part is not being smug.
Who cares if they don't like the look. The look serves a purpose and is part of what makes it superior.
Fully intend it to be last pick up I'll ever buy, especially if it comes out with the million mile battery.

Jasondoc

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Occupation
Very Little
Country flag
I hear it from everyone! I had a CPO i3, now I have a 2019 Bolt. They are ugly, dorky, "what if you run out of charge", "you can't charge it at home" (yeah I do and its WAY cheaper than my Tundra), the electricity that you use is still hurting the earth, etc. It is really just the common hatred of what people don't understand and they are too afraid to try. Hope you love it, psyched about mine.

YeahYeahYeah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tundra(sold),02 Subaru Outback,1967 Fastback
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Eventually you have to take the plunge on technology, I didn't know anything when I bought my 1st computer. I think it was 94? I still have 1 or 2 friends with flip phones it's good for poking fun about

bfdog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, Honda Element, GX470
Country flag
The lady at the bank knows. (I'm setting up a special account). My mom knows. My "friends" know. I'd say everyone knows. They know I put a $100 refundable deposit on a truck that won't be made for at least 2 years. I can't wait. But somewhere in the back of my mind there is doubt. I realize I have to sock away something like $3K a month (I figure $90K all in after taxes, charger, upgrades, 3M version, whatever). My mentality on such stuff before is transportation is worth between $15K-$20K. So I'm still re-rationalizing.

I will look like a complete alien in my small town. I already do in so many ways, so this will help complete the picture. I don't really care what people in my town think. My favorite truck ever was my 2009 F150 and it makes more sense to own it than buy a 3M CT. I'm just tired of fixing my 7.3 F250 and tired of filling it with diesel. Everywhere I go costs $10 in fuel (and pollutes) because I'm far from everything. I've never done tug-of-war with a truck because that's retarded. I've hooked up to plenty of things and towed them though.

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We are proud to buy tesla product... in Québec we produce our own electricity with water... Hydro-Québec belongs to our gouvernent... so, the more ev we have... the mord mkney goes to our government... in that way, all poeple ffom Québec must get ev and get rid of gzs car...!!! And Mr. Elon musk could get subsides to install the giga production of tesla car and ct as he will gain on money currency and for the lowest cost of electrcity in America...!!!