Tk416

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck hopefully
Country flag
Any idea or thoughts on how/when they’ll roll out to Canadians?

I have a fairly early reservation # (under 10k) if the tracker means anything and was just curious if I’d be waiting months or years for CAD deliveries.

This would be our first Tesla and not sure I want to wait another year as there are a lot of other options coming out.

just wanted peoples thoughts.
Sponsored

COLAB

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
colabsystems.com
Vehicles
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Product manager IT services
Country flag
It's simple or you do like everyone else and you wait as long as it takes, otherwise you cancel your reservation, it's quite simple in fact you have 2 choices! ;) 🤙

OP
OP

Tk416

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck hopefully
Country flag
Ok thanks. Good to know.

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
According to the employees at the Tesla delivery center, they say internally that the Cybertruck will be delivered to customers after Dec 31st in Canada. How many or how it will be distributed is unknown. With the experience with the launch of the Model Y, Canada got it within a few weeks, and they queue for early Model Y wasn't that long either. Only had to wait 3 weeks after you were able to actually order one.

OP
OP

Tk416

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck hopefully
Country flag
Ok great to hear. So hopefully they’ll follow a similar rollout and release it early 2024 for Canadians.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I live in Ontario, Canada and was a first day reservation holder for the M3 in 2016 and I took delivery on June 8, 2018. My VIN indicates that my M3 was the 28 k delivered.

At that time there was a 14 k CAD rebate offered in Ontario and coincidentally June 8 was the provincial election in Ontario and Ford was elected and he said he was going to cancel the rebate which he did. Because of that I think tesla was pushing teslas to Canada before the rebate ended.

It took 6 months but I finally got the rebate and I am a 2nd day reservation holder for the CT (126 K in the queue). With the M3, previous tesla owners were bumped up the line and I am kinda hoping it is the same for the CT.

Arctic_White

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid; CT on order
Country flag
Any idea or thoughts on how/when they’ll roll out to Canadians?

I have a fairly early reservation # (under 10k) if the tracker means anything and was just curious if I’d be waiting months or years for CAD deliveries.

This would be our first Tesla and not sure I want to wait another year as there are a lot of other options coming out.

just wanted peoples thoughts.
I had a similar question. While Canada is only 1/10 the population of its big brother south of the border, we only really have 6 major cities (unlike dozens in the States): Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Ottawa.

Each of these 6 major hubs have population of 1M+. Moreover, Tesla has at least one service centre and 2+ supercharging locations on all six locations.

Lastly, the amount of pickup trucks that we like to consume per capita is actually greater than what you see in the States! So Tesla will most likely start shipping the Cybertrucks within a couple of months from its production. I'd say March '24?

Tesla wouldn't delay it too much because of the halo effect that the Cybertruck will bring.
Sponsored