Rootinboy

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Country flag
Just as the title says I am keeping my CybrTrk reservation secret for now.
Only my wife and kids know. Other family, friends and coworkers don't know. Why am I keeping it a secret you might ask? Well let me explain.

I live in a pretty small town where everyone knows your business. We have 1 place to charge EV's that has 2 parking spots so other than that you are on your own for charging your EV. I am most certain that I will be the one and only TCT owner in this town for awhile. People around here love their ICE trucks and bad mouth EV's to no end. I personally don't have the time or energy to constantly defend my decision to pre-order the Cybertruck. I have no doubt Tesla will deliver everything they have promised and when the time comes I will prove everyone wrong live and in person vs internet hype and claims for the next 2 years. My bother for example saw the Tesla and F150 tugawar and laughed that he would drag the Cybertruck around. I don't want to hear that for the next two years, but will get great pleasure taking his truck for a backwards trip down shame lane then walk away the bigger man not rubbing it in his face all the time.

How many others have the same knuckleheads around them?
Everyone who isn’t in the EV family or likes the Cybertruck are nay sayers. I feel you, but don’t care. I spend my money on what I want.
Sponsored

bfdog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, Honda Element, GX470
Country flag
Down here in Texas there are lots of big three loyalists who even criticize and mock my new Tundra!
So I definitely keep the CT order to myself..
I've never seen an actual Texan who would mock a Tundra. Especially since they are made in San Antonio. Maybe I've been lucky or something but the only time I've had a foreign car (rental) mocked was in Illinois (strong union place at a refinery). My Tundra (4.7L) kind of sucked though but to each their own.

Starman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Prius, 2011 Buick LaCrosse, 2010 Prius, 2001 Excursion, 1965 LaMans
Occupation
MFG Supervisor
Country flag
My wife and 18 year old son know, and the guys at work. I haven't told my brother or my mom and dad yet.

CybrTrkWdWk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor FSD
Occupation
Design, Woodworking
Country flag
My wife & dad know...that's it. I'll be a Texas Cybertruck owner too and will just show up to work with it one day. I have a Prius right now so I'm already used to being mocked here :ROFLMAO:. Looking forward to having a green vehicle that is practical AND doesn't feel like a sacrifice.

DallasCyberTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TOYOTA TUNDRA
Country flag
I've never seen an actual Texan who would mock a Tundra. Especially since they are made in San Antonio. Maybe I've been lucky or something but the only time I've had a foreign car (rental) mocked was in Illinois (strong union place at a refinery). My Tundra (4.7L) kind of sucked though but to each their own.
I can imagine why your Tundra sucked.. The 4.7 was designed for the 2000 Tundra and remained unchanged till Toyota killed it. My Tundra has the 5.7L 381hp V8 which is also used in Lexus LX570.
So I guess it sucks less.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I haven't told the Boss Lady since she has her heart set on a new Dodge 3500 but I pay most of the bills so the "golden rule" applies. And since I have a very nice "mancave" I won't have to sleep in the CT.
I told my ex and got "the look"......which is why she is the ex.
I told a few friends and got the "EVs are never going to be practical" speech. I plan to take a couple of them to the local drag strip right after I take delivery.

Faffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul ev
Country flag
I spent the first week laughing at the truck with my family. The second week thinking it looked kind of cool and placing a reservation. Then watched my family gradually change their mind about the ct. Even if it's not their kind of car they would accept it because i think it's cool.
Sponsored