Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla x, y
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wondering if anyone knows, or has experience on, how to sell a Cyberbeast using a lease to avoid the Tesla no-resale penalties.

Before you respond with shaming, consider the fact you know nothing about the situation!

Main questions I have are:
  1. Is it legal, and in all states?
  2. Is a lawyer required or just a notarized contract?
  3. Insurance implications, who owns the policy?
  4. Where would be a good place to advertise?
  5. Would setting up an LLC be advised?

The idea would be to sell it collecting the sales amount upfront, in its entirety, and transferring ownership once the no-resale clause expires. Yes, not unique but looking for legal advice to assist in protecting the transaction from those who know.

The buyer would be appraised of the no-resale details and I would only sell to someone who understood the risks and signed an NDA as part of the contract.

Obviously, the buyer would need to be financially adept having the cash upfront and willing to deal with the paperwork and the one year waiting period prior to taking full ownership of the vehicle.

I would attempt to have the buyer with me on delivery day taking delivery of the Cyberbeast as a new vehicle and hopefully giving me an opportunity to drive it around the block.

Thanks in advance for keeping your replies helpful, legally accurate and civil. 🙏🏼
Sponsored

Pops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
Sorry I cant offer legal advice, but I do have some practical advice.

Right now there are a lot of CTs listed for sale and each day fewer and fewer of them are finding buyers. If you are a buyer right now there are a lot of options for a full on sale without the complications/risks of entering a lease agreement with an individual.

Your best bet would be to follow the process in the agreement you signed and ask Tesla if you can sell it. They have the option to offer to buy it back themselves OR allow you to sell it. Why go through the trouble of this 3rd fraught path?

OP
OP

Mtnrunner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla x, y
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Pops, legal advice was all I was looking for, not interested in unsolicited life advise. I thought I made that clear. ;)

Additionally, this is for the Cyberbeast, not the AWD, which is still selling for $50k, and more, above purchase price. Why would I take a loss returning it to Tesla when there’s a five year waiting line for this highly sought after vehicle?

I also have access to World Wide Web and I’m fully aware of all things Cybertruck

beewang

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Foundation (awaiting delivery)
Country flag
Pops, legal advice was all I was looking for, not interested in unsolicited life advise. I thought I made that clear. ;)

Additionally, this is for the Cyberbeast, not the AWD, which is still selling for $50k, and more, above purchase price. Why would I take a loss returning it to Tesla when there’s a five year waiting line for this highly sought after vehicle?

I also have access to World Wide Web and I’m fully aware of all things Cybertruck
You'll need a legal counsel. I will send you in private the person I am using to handle my transactions.

cheers,

beewang

Last edited:

Pops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
Why would I take a loss returning it to Tesla when there’s a five year waiting line for this highly sought after vehicle?
You will note in my original reply that there is already an option that doesnt include taking a loss. Tesla has 2 options if you ask for permission to sell. 1) Buy it themselves or 2) Allow you to sell it. If they pick option 1, just tell them never mind. If they pick option 2, you make your profit.

Good luck with your legal gymnastics Mr. World Wide Web.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
hate to break it to you, but people aren't going to give you legal advise on how to be a sleaze bag. Whatever the situation is, is irrelevant, you can not buy the truck, or you can turn it back over for minimal loss. The opportunity to earn money from doing nothing of value is just scuzzy scammer behavior.

Additionally, you will absolutely not succeed in separating yourself from all liability. No matter what contracts you and the buyer sign, you are the one on the hook for the vehicle, not them. If something happens, the payments come from you, not from the buyer. Short of actually transferring the vehicle to the other person, with their name on the title, the buck will always stop with you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.