Barb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S
Occupation
retired teacher
Country flag
Is anyone else concerned about all of the projectiles aimed at the Cybertruck? It seems to me that it's setting it up to be attacked when it hits the "real world." Let's see if we can crack a window with a steel ball. Let's see what will happen if we shoot at it with a Tommy gun...how about a bow and arrow? Ughh. Then Joe Shmoe is driving down the street in his new Cybertruck when some gangsta wannabe takes aim to see what damage he can cause...I don't feel that this is a great image for Tesla, or a safe one for that matter. Thoughts?
Sponsored

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
If they didn’t do it some mindless YouTuber would instead.

Hopefully soon they can also publish some clips kneeling in front of it acting as if they know anything about cars and some as a father and son where they simply read off headlines for clips

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
Jesus, no! And if you are, stop spreading this nonsense..
People can shoot their own cybertrucks with whatever they want. I'm sure there will be many youtube videos about it, and whistlindiesel is probably going to have his go. But property damage is property damage, and i think most people realize that.
I'm not worried about some dude with a 50 cal, who just cant stop himself from finding out. Maybe get better insurance if you are worried, or try not being worried of a day will never happen... And if it does happen to me, that day would make my year if not my decade.. Would be a hell of a story to tell :p

Armored trucks that carry cash for banks are bullet proof, and you don't see gangster wana-bes opening up on them.. oh wait

Last edited:

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
I don't think anyone actually cares enough to do that, let alone how many people have heard about the stunts.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
We've talked about this a few times

Bill837

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Z4, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2008 R1200RT
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag
I think in Vermont you are pretty safe from such :) Honestly, I think 99.9 of people are safe from this.

OP
OP

Barb

First Name
Barb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S
Occupation
retired teacher
Country flag
Jesus, no! And if you are, stop spreading this nonsense..
People can shoot their own cybertrucks with whatever they want. I'm sure there will be many youtube videos about it, and whistlindiesel is probably going to have his go. But property damage is property damage, and i think most people realize that.
I'm not worried about some dude with a 50 cal, who just cant stop himself from finding out. Maybe get better insurance if you are worried, or try not being worried of a day will never happen... And if it does happen to me, that day would make my year if not my decade.. Would be a hell of a story to tell :p

Armored trucks that carry cash for banks are bullet proof, and you don't see gangster wana-bes opening up on them.. oh wait
I am constantly newly surprised about the rudeness and bully mentality of some people on this forum; I don't think it's nonsense. I think that it is not a good look for Tesla to be promoting such idiocy. There are enough people who hate Tesla on principle, and I wouldn't put it past some redneck Proud Boy type to pull out a gun and shoot. We've all heard about Teslas being keyed.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Is anyone else concerned about all of the projectiles aimed at the Cybertruck? It seems to me that it's setting it up to be attacked when it hits the "real world." Let's see if we can crack a window with a steel ball. Let's see what will happen if we shoot at it with a Tommy gun...how about a bow and arrow? Ughh. Then Joe Shmoe is driving down the street in his new Cybertruck when some gangsta wannabe takes aim to see what damage he can cause...I don't feel that this is a great image for Tesla, or a safe one for that matter. Thoughts?
Yup, I agree 1,000%. This rhetoric talk about shooting at Cybertruck will result in more attempts.

OP
OP

Barb

First Name
Barb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S
Occupation
retired teacher
Country flag
I think in Vermont you are pretty safe from such :) Honestly, I think 99.9 of people are safe from this.
Oh, I do, too. I just worry for that .1! Tesla encouraging this does not seem to fit the brand.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I am constantly newly surprised about the rudeness and bully mentality of some people on this forum; I don't think it's nonsense. I think that it is not a good look for Tesla to be promoting such idiocy. There are enough people who hate Tesla on principle, and I wouldn't put it past some redneck Proud Boy type to pull out a gun and shoot. We've all heard about Teslas being keyed.
Hmm, I am proudly from the south.

Tesla Cybertruck Shooting the Cybertruck? 1698944618726

OP
OP

Barb

First Name
Barb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S
Occupation
retired teacher
Country flag
Well, if you look up to that "organization," that is unfortunate. I never said anything about the South. The South is not the only place that has rednecks, if that is what you thought I meant. (It was not.) We have plenty up here in the North. To my mind, the term "redneck" implies someone who is proud of being ignorant.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Well, if you look up to that "organization," that is unfortunate. I never said anything about the South. The South is not the only place that has rednecks, if that is what you thought I meant. (It was not.) We have plenty up here in the North. To my mind, the term "redneck" implies someone who is proud of being ignorant.
Wow!

Tesla Cybertruck Shooting the Cybertruck? 1698946733278
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.