Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just received another email from Tesla U.K., over the pass month or so I’ve received emails asking to book test drives for the Model Y.
I’m going to take them up on the offer in the new year, however this is the first time there’s an offer for free supercharging.

Explore our recently updated inventory selection of new Model 3 and Model Y.

A variety of exterior and interior configuration options are available for delivery in 2022. With easy online ordering, you can apply for financing and receive a trade-in quote, all from the comfort of home.

If you take delivery of a new vehicle before December 31, 2022, you will receive 6,000 miles free Supercharging. Terms and conditions apply.*
Sponsored

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
Show me the unsold EVs sitting on lots and I'll believe it. Are sales of $60k+ EVs declining - maybe. But the lower market passenger cars (not just EVs) are up 25% YoY.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
They are trying to finish the calendar year with an elevated number of sales. Here in the US, there are EV incentives that will kick in starting in January and Tesla is incentivizing sales in December to prevent too much pent-up demand. There might be something similar happening in the U.K. perhaps? We picked up our Model Y last week here in the US and we love it.

chlpat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Patent Attorney
Country flag
I agree with the premise that the higher priced EV sales must be slowing. I am sure there are many factors, the inflation still over 7%, the drop in the stock market, and maybe the gouging going on by car companies?

I got an invite from Ford to order a '23 Lightning, but sticker shock set in. A $39k announced price has gone to over $55k. Add anything worthwhile and the price is over $70k.

Somehow I cannot see buying a $70k pickup truck.

Also my local dealer told me they have two '22 lightnings in stock - so I looked at them. They had MSRP's of around $72k but were priced at $10k more! Dealer markup.

So I checked around other dealers in my area (Va/DC/MD) and found every local dealer seemed to have one or two '22 Lightnings in stock, but all wanted between $4k and $10k dealer markup for in-stock Lightnings. One had a '22 Pro with a sticker MSRP of $41k that they were asking $62k for! OMG.

I was surprised at first that there were any Ford Lightnings in stock, given the high demand at the initial announcement. Must be sticker shock and the outrageous ADMs. Also a negative reaction to the apparent bait-and-switch Ford pulled from the reasonable starting price in May 2021 to the current MSRPs.

Meanwhile I am seeing more and more lower-priced EV's around the area, Leafs, Bolts, Teslas.

I told my Ford dealer, thanks, but no thanks.

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don,t think sales are down. Production is up and temporarily surpassed sales.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Sales don't need to be slowing: Supply is kicking up. There are many, many more cars available in that market now. Tesla increased production 50% year over year, as did several of the competition for their EVs.

They just need to tell people who'd passed by the long wait lines that cars are more available now.

-Crissa

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Slowdown in luxury EVs. Most people only can afford a economical electric vehicle.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sales don't need to be slowing: Supply is kicking up. There are many, many more cars available in that market now. Tesla increased production 50% year over year, as did several of the competition for their EVs.

They just need to tell people who'd passed by the long wait lines that cars are more available now.

-Crissa
yep....just this week Joe said test Giga Texas is up to a 3k weekly production rate for the Y.......With all the new tech and charging technology, I am debating on whether or not to give up my 2020 Model S with free lifetime supercharging and buy a new Y because even at 46k on the CT reservation list, still looks like 18 months for delivery

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If they make these discounts permanent then I’d say it’s an indication demand is soft. Just having some year end incentives does not.

It’s too hard to see based on a couple weeks action. See what happens in January.
Sponsored