Do you think there should be better charging options?

• Total voters

Majorklein

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Transport
Country flag
They should make or allow me to design and make wireless charging pads for the Teslas. That way charging can be controlled inside the vehicle and can be safely disconnected in case of emergencies.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
There is an SAE standard and a couple of manufacturers out there making these. I don't think they arae selling like hotcakes.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
There is a disconnect between poll question and the topic here. Yes there should be better charging options. That doesn't necessarily mean wireless though.

Wireless has power loss and I think we're a long ways to getting around that.

More charging stations, better nonTesla standards, highspeed Tesla chargers... that's what I'm more interested in.

You can't drive off with a Tesla plugged in, the computer won't let you put the car in drive. Not sure what the value of disconnects is beyond that.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You can't drive off with a Tesla plugged in, the computer won't let you put the car in drive. Not sure what the value of disconnects is beyond that.
Being able to escape a fire or assault. It's a rare event, but the danger does exist.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Being able to escape a fire or assault. It's a rare event, but the danger does exist.
Good points.

Curiously enough, one of the things I love about the CT is it's vault like nature. I just went on a camping trip in my Model Y and while it worked fantastically, I'd have felt a hell of a lot less exposed sleeping in the Cybertruck.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

-Crissa
The Now You Know boys are actually starting a contest right now for the best designed breakaway device that will allow you to drive away from a Tesla supercharger while charging without having to get out of your car. The winner gets 6 months of free advertising on their channel.

They mentioned wanting to enable escape in sketchy situations while charging.

Contest at 20:30 in the video.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Majorklein

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Transport
Country flag
There is a disconnect between poll question and the topic here. Yes there should be better charging options. That doesn't necessarily mean wireless though.

More chargin

More charging stations, better nonTesla standards, highspeed Tesla chargers... that's what I'm more interested in.

g stations, better nonTesla standards, highspeed Tesla chargers... that's what I'm more interested in.

Hmm well "wireless" charging isn't really wireless in the first place. Personally speaking what I would employ is a plate to plate connection from the bottom of the vehicle. While the chargers you are referring to dose have a power transfer loss it isn't substantial.
Also you can't drive off because the software won't let you but with the charging system I'm talking about the connector would be able to be disconnected through the infotainment system.
Sponsored